Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
i thought it could be a malware issue, but

i have an XP laptop running norton
a desktop vista ultimate running mcafee
a laptop xp running kapersky
and a desktop vista business and avg

it happens on all systems, and the IP is always different, that is what has me head away

Just antiviruses or suites?

Any anti-malware programs? Spybot, Ad-aware ect?

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
Just antiviruses or suites?

Any anti-malware programs? Spybot, Ad-aware ect?
suites

i could forgive it if it was happening on my own systems due to *coughing* but the desktop i am using at work has never been used for anything un-toward

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
suites

i could forgive it if it was happening on my own systems due to *coughing* but the desktop i am using at work has never been used for anything un-toward

Well that alone just gives it up realy. those suits will be messing with things they shouldn't. And as this is the first time ive seen anyone complain about this then it just apears to be end user error.

Tip. avoid using all in one suites, and stick to good programs like eset NOD32 for antivirus and spybot search and destroy for anti malware. Been using this combination for 3-4 years and it hasn't let me down so far, and does a lot better job than these all in one jobbies which cause more problems than they solve.

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
Well that alone just gives it up realy. those suits will be messing with things they shouldn't. And as this is the first time ive seen anyone complain about this then it just apears to be end user error.

Tip. avoid using all in one suites, and stick to good programs like eset NOD32 for antivirus and spybot search and destroy for anti malware. Been using this combination for 3-4 years and it hasn't let me down so far, and does a lot better job than these all in one jobbies which cause more problems than they solve.
could be classed as end-user error i agree, it's just a shame that the end user error has just now appeared over the last 4 years of being on the grid. :s

i only use them because they are free, but i will take your advice on hand and do a bit searching and re-booting

cheers bon

The Evans 11

Aug 15, 2007
Exmouth, Devon
sorry but is the only issue you are still logged in ?
I think the issue is that when he goes to another website after being on
P8nt, and then comes back, he is being denied the ability to post anything on the site...

Was that along the right lines Panthro?

I get a similar sort of navigational problem where if I go onto PBnation, then come back onto here, the site just doesn't load up...but that's easy enough to overcome as I just simply restart my Internet Explorer

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
I think the issue is that when he goes to another website after being on
P8nt, and then comes back, he is being denied the ability to post anything on the site...

Was that along the right lines Panthro?
Got it in one

like i said yesterday i keep a limit on the number of tabs i have open because my ISP has oversubscribed in my area so has a tendency to run slow

i'm being denied because it thinks i am not logged on yet according to the top right of the site i am :s

think i might just restore it, i never had the problem with firefox 2.0