Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

London Nexus 2 - Puget-sur argens. The beginning....

Pinchaaaay!

London Nexus - #77
Well what an amazing weekend in the sunny South of France.

Millenium series - Puget-Sur-Argens is the scene for this post.

London Nexus 2 dug in and worked hard this weekend, coming away with a podium place and a big ol’ silver trophy!

Here goes…..

Landed in Nice at approx 11:30 on the Thursday, and straight on the field at 2:00. We trained Hard against Volks Paris. Ironing out the last minute creases and getting our heads round the field that had been put up in Puget.

Let’s see how well the training worked, as on the Friday was our first real test as a team. Our first true competitive event, in our first European competition in Semi-Professional 2. A division littered with well established teams and talented ballers.

Our first game came through against Gold Coast Dijon where we dropped only 1 point and came through as 4 -1 winners.

The second game of the event came on the Saturday against Brussels Heat. In which we seemed to get everything wrong. Penalties and generally poor, sloppy play came at a 0-4 cost. This result hit us hard as the next game was a do or die game. We needed to pull it back and focus on a win. Or go home and miss out on the Sunday finals. Simple.

The team we faced last of all in our prelims was Breakout Spa 2. A real tough team who we know grind every week with their 1st team CPL counterparts. But, we had to keep our heads, our composure and stick to our game plan. And it seemed to work, as we beat them 4-0. Scuppering all of their plays and matching their variation of attack. It clicked and we have now gone into Sunday club with a 2-1 ratio. But, we qualified 2nd in our prelim division, and now face a real solid team from the UK. The Lucky 15’s have a great record in the millennium series, winning Division 2 last season. And still retaining their core players, who are strong and aggressive gunfighters. Coupled with that, I played for them last season in the Millenium series. It was both going to be a hard match and for me, emotional no matter the result.

But, as always, we had a plan, we worked as a unit and we beat them 4-1. Knocking them out and progressing onto our next round.

The next team we had drawn against was a team we watched beat London Tigers 2, a team called Vienna United. They hadn’t dropped a point on the Friday and Saturday prelims and looked a real threat, their Dorito player had serious game and was the player who really hurt the Tigers.

Knowing this, we set up our play to cut out their threat and close off their primary running lanes. And it worked, we grabbed them by the throat and tore them up. 4-0. Winning 2 points in under 1 ½ minutes.

Now it was finals time, we are playing for 1st or 2nd. And now faced Fighter Pro-shar Perm. A real tough test against these Russians. A test that proved too hard, a team that had the measure of our plans and capitalised on some real sloppy play. They now progress and we are now fighting for a 3rd or 4th place finish.

Hellys Montpellier are the last opponents we faced and we needed to win this and get 3rd. But, it wasn’t to be. They ran out 4-3 winners and pushed us into the 4th place spot.

It wasn’t ideal at all, but…….never the less, we made it to the trophy table in our first event as a team! Our heads remained high and we had to now work on our best podium smiles. Such a proud moment, those smiles came naturally.

In reflection, we can look back and take so many positives out of it, too many to list. But we also have plenty of things to work on. We are going to be even stronger come Bitburg time.

For a scratch team who many wrote off at the start of the season, we proved many critics wrong and we did it as a team, a family and as a unit.

The support we have is the reason why we are where we are right now. We have tremendous sponsorship from the best in the business and they push us through to the very end and constantly supply the gear for us to do the business.

But, for me, the person to have made this all possible, the glue that bonds us and the man who opened up the stage for Nexus 2 to perform on is Ash Chaplen. I cannot thank him enough for this opportunity and his tireless support. Both behind the scenes and on the day. He is right there with us. Massive respect goes out to him.

To our supporters who cheered us on and had the faith, we thank you and we will make sure to keep raking those trophies in. :)

London Nexus2
Rolling deep with the best names in the business

- Dye Precision
- Kee action sports
- Evil Paintballs
- Energy Paintball Batteries
- Drom Paintball
- P8ntballer.com
- Shutter images
- CPPS
- BZ Paintball
- The K-Project
- Pro-Mat
And a personal thanks to my individual sponsors who have my back 24/7

- Asylum Paintball for the support to enable me to train every day in a warm, dry, indoor arena.
- Los Pistoleros Famosos w/ Pep Escutia for the kick ass casual apparel

Thanks guys and see you soon

Chris Pinchbeck
London Nexus #77