Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Long term storage issues and leaking gas

jonwaa

Jun 29, 2016
Hi I have acquired a few markers and they seem to mostly be brand new and work fine but the tippman tcr and a p99 have had a couple of sealing issues, firstly the tcr, it dumped all the gas out of the first co2 12g I put in but the second one seemed to be fine as was the third then the fourth leaked, I am pretty sure its the seal around the bulb, should this be replaced or does it just need to settle in and form to the co2 bulbs?
I also have a umarex p99 that leaked out of the action, so stripped and cleaned it, it then leaked half a bulb then suddenly stopped leaking and held pressure as far as i could tell.

The guns have been stored without gas for over a year before coming to me so is it a case of any lubrication drying out and them needing to be used regularly or have I got duff markers that may need full seal kits. What is the best method for storing these markers if they dont get much use to stop this happening again?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A strip, clean, lube and rebuild can work wonders

One of our guys came out of retirement after a number of years away last year and had an old BT Ironhorse which had already done the rounds before he had it, but had also been subject to flooding in storage
It was very sad, and handed to our tech expert for post mortum, planning for a full rebuild and parts change. All he did was strip & lube and it was back to its heyday

jonwaa

Jun 29, 2016
Sweet, hope the p99 settles as the seal is £10 that was leaking! I have lubed the tcr and will re test it tomorrow and hope for the best.

Reactions: mctractorboy