Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Looking for Fluffies and Pod Swabs

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Had one fluffy and I lost it. Looking to see if I can get more here before I head to eBay :D
As a tip for pod swabs look in your local cheap shops cleaning products area. I’ve got aPoundland one like this:

3A1DB507-C795-4E70-A73B-EBBB16DD3815.jpeg

For swabs I have no good answer. One oldschool method was to attach them to a lanyard - and strangle yourself crawling through a bush
You could use one of the spring wound extending ID card/key fobs - but they are also a nuisance when using them to clean a barrel in game.

Someone may sell some, but the general answer is to accept that sometimes you need to keep buying them and also finding them.
At one point in time I knew how many Exalt barrel maids that I had bought. At no point in time would I possess that quantity, sometimes I had a couple more, most of the time I had a couple less. I expect that few of those I own today were bought by me

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
As a tip for pod swabs look in your local cheap shops cleaning products area. I’ve got aPoundland one like this:

View attachment 70246

For swabs I have no good answer. One oldschool method was to attach them to a lanyard - and strangle yourself crawling through a bush
You could use one of the spring wound extending ID card/key fobs - but they are also a nuisance when using them to clean a barrel in game.

Someone may sell some, but the general answer is to accept that sometimes you need to keep buying them and also finding them.
At one point in time I knew how many Exalt barrel maids that I had bought. At no point in time would I possess that quantity, sometimes I had a couple more, most of the time I had a couple less. I expect that few of those I own today were bought by me
Yeah, I was given be from here. Those would make good pod swabs but eBay want stupid money for one fluffy :(

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
They have us over a barrel for swabs/fluffies, as there’s nothing in particular outside of paintball that uses anything suitable.

A basic fluffy can be cheaper - but with that you’re just ramming the broken shell and paint residue down the barrel - unless you take the barrel off or pull out the bolt.
If they are cheap ones then they are also likely to have the fluff begin to unwrap after a while - but if it gets lost before it falls apart then the value of ‘quality’ isn’t there

Personally I wouldn’t go back from the Exalt barrel maid (or equivalents) nowadays.
They are well designed for the rubber end which retracts on insertion and expands as you pull out which takes out most of the shell and residue - good enough to shoot through straight after but better if you have time for a quick buff with the fluffy end too.
But if you’re paying more in the first place then it hurts more to lose them

Back in my time the better option for that had a rubber disk on the end, but you should have pressed the end with your thumb to release the spring and the disk would fold over on insertion, then you let go withyour thumb and pull out the gunk. Those had a bit of fabric on the other end to ‘clean’, but a separate fluffy was better at buffing

A bit like this:

(Note the reference wearing them on lanyards!)

I should still have a couple of these in a box somewhere

(I didn’t use them often as I’d be worried about potentially scratching a ‘quality’ barrel as they were harder than alternatives)

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I used to buy shotgun swabs for cleaning the site guns, either attach to a short bit of fibreglass tent pole to use as a push through or put a cord on it and use as a pull through.image250562513-1-300x300.jpg

Reactions: Tom