Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Looking for groups/sites in the East/West Midlands

Gm87

Aug 13, 2018
Hey all,
I am a 31 year old looking to get into paintball. I currently live in Hinckley so the East and West Midlands would primarily be the best place for me.

I am interested in, to start with, scenario and rec based games but would possibly look at tournament stuff after playing for a bit. Looking to join any groups or teams that play regularly or any suggestions on the best places to go around the Midlands.

Pretty eager to learn more and play more as a team as I've played casually a few times and have really enjoyed it.

Cheers
Greg

Gm87

Aug 13, 2018
Thanks for the info mate. NPF Bassett pole looks quite good. Pretty gutted missed Paintfest by a few weeks though!

Do you know if there is a sub forum on this site for finding groups that meet regularly? Or would it be a matter of just picking a field and going down?

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Welcome @Gm87

Also look at warped

http://www.warpedsports.com/

They have a shop not far from the site so you can go and drool over lots ot kit.

If your looking for a supair or woodsball team (or do both) then the biggest in the area is Staddordshire and District paintball club (SAD)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1550830495144228/

We have players who work and play at NPF and Skirmish Nottingham

Im the man to talk to about woodsball or @blakey64 is the man for supair/speedball :)

Best advice is to go and play a couple of 'punter' days and see if you enjoy them before buying kit. Too many people but all the kit and then find they cant afford to play or cant commit the time to the sport and then sell all the kit for a loss (but a bonus to us).

Gm87

Aug 13, 2018
Ah Wolverhampton, I work there! Didn't know there was a gaming centre there.

I've been on a few paintball days with friends and really enjoyed them. Just wanted to do it a bit more often. I am happy about committing the time and effort as I have plenty of that spare!!

I have read the advice in the pinned post about kit too but your right, don't want to dive in and buy a load of stuff too soon. Think I'll give NPF a go. Am I also right in thinking that the Diamond War event at NPF is not on again until September?

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
I will leave that one to @EELZ to answer. Although i thought the diamond wars series was a walk-on so unless you can hire the kit there its no good to you ATM.

With regards to kit buy second hand. Even masks can be had and they are usually well looked after. May need a new lense but thats walways a sensible thing to do. Also buy knee pads. If you play in the woods you will spend a lot of time on your knees and tree roots and stones will ruin your knees in a very short time. Then think about a merker or 2 :)

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
If you work at wolves warped would be perfect id say, and if you get involved in our club you can choose to play tourny woods tourny or scenario at your leisure, scenario wise our most recent achievement was being part of the hmc's winning command team for paintfest, take a look at www.warpedsports.com club section or even better head up to the shop in the old railway station in cosford and have a chat

Gm87

Aug 13, 2018
@dfr350 Completely agree about knee pads. My first paintball experience was a woodsball field and of course no knee pads. Felt it for a week after! Only thing I'm going to struggle on buying kitwise is the marker. Think I will have to read the pinned post a few times to understand what everything is. Do Hoppers usually come with the markers or are they seperate?

@frosty defiantly going to give warped a go too.