Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Low Profile Loaders?

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
Hi. i'm looking for a low Profile Loader for my Empire Sniper. while messing around i put the A5 loader up to the sniper and it look awesome but obviously it wont fit... is there anything on the market that will be as low profile as the A5 loader but with a standard feed neck

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
i have been looking at adapting the A5 hopper... but i thought i would ask people before i went mad and started breaking my A5 loader
Don't do it!
That was a still from the b movie horror 'paintball', and is a fake item. They had various standard and cyclone hoppers stuck to the wrong guns with masking tape

For an a5 low profile hopper I'd assume you have the x7 low profile, as the true a5 hopper is fat and chunky

To make the wide feedneck go down to a standard feed would mean some form of funnel and would defeat the object of low profile

If you want reasonably normal size but low profile then self mod option you could have is to take a standard hopper and shave away at the centre

All that being said, I believe that i have seen photos of a mystery standard feedneck version of the x7 low profile - for the tippmann 98. Whether any realy got made I don't know

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
If its a gravity loader avoid going too low profile, a taller ball stack helps prevent jams. If you are going gravity I can't recomend the empire multi calibre hopper (aka sportshot) enough, true capacity is 140 but feeds much better with 100 shots in. If you want smaller the APP 50 (not the the one shaped like a scope) is good but ideally needs a pod lid glued on to work best.

The Sportshot will take an exalt speedfeed as well, if you can't tell I'm a bit enamored with this hopper and its only £4 at Just:

http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/empire-multi-caliber-loader.html

I put 900 balls through mine on my phantom last weekend and didn't get a single jam, just remember to take the .50 cal insert out!

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
just tested it and it doesnt feed very well... from full to empty i had to shake it about 7 times... i think the problem is that the pod need more of an angle on it. o well was worth a try

Last edited:

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Try mounting it on the gun so that with the feedneck full of balls there is half a ball sticking up into the main bit of the hopper (meaning it might not be pushed all the way down in the feedneck). Not a trick I've tried but heard it helps the little APP hoppers like that feed better since as that ball moves out of the way the next has some why to roll into the feedneck. Regarding the angle of the pod remember you'll normally be aiming up a bit when shooting so that might help, Then buy a Sportshot!