Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lowering of BPS limits - what say you?

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
just a quick thought

who at the moment CAN cap there gun at 13bps and who can't (without a new board or having re-programed)

mine can :) so im happy but how much of a pain is it guna be for the rest of the world ?
if this does come in (and it looks like it might) what does happen to the hundreds of markers out there that have a board with ony a 14 or 15 bps cap (like the M5 board in my DM3) in order to carry on playing are companies going to offer a flashing service or do we have to fork out a significant wedge on a new board.

Luckily it's only my backup and my main gun I CAN cap at 13, but I bet there will be hundreds that can't.

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
when they introduced the ramping rules most boards were flashed to meet the new requirements, i assume it will be the same this time round,

the series' would of got in touch with the major manufacturers and informed them of their intentions to make sure they are possible.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Just got this by email from PSP:

Hey!

Paintball Sports Promotions has updated the rules concerning markers and rate of fire for the 2008 Season. Beginning today, the rules will be as follows:

Small PSP Logo

7.3.6. A marker may fire at a maximum rate of 13.33 balls per second.

7.3.6.1. A player on the field of play during a game whose marker shoots more than one paintball within 65 milliseconds will receive a gross penalty.
7.3.6.2. A player on the field of play during a game whose marker shoots more than one paintball within 70 milliseconds will be assessed a major penalty.
7.3.6.3. A player on the field of play during a game whose marker shoots more than one paintball within 75 milliseconds* will be assessed a minor penalty.

* A measurement of 75.0 milliseconds or higher is acceptable. A measurement of 74.9 milliseconds or lower will be penalized.

We will be updating our rule book on the PSP website shortly. For more information about PSP rules and the upcoming season please visit www.pspevents.com.

Sincerely,

Keely Watson
Paintball Sports Promotions