Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lucky Ego Air Assist valve

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
so strawb, when are you knocking up a delrin ram on the lathe????

i have sucessfully set up my lpr to 70psi, fairly consistant, by using cocker spings, but need to test a bit more

if you need a tester for the delrin ram, i would love to

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Thanks for the insight John.

I didn't pick up on the RAW being un-anodised as it was in the colour options so i just guessed it was clear anodised :eek:
It's currently bubbling away nicely so will be anodised in a couple of hours.

Think i'm going to have to go for the lightweight rammer approach then.

Ollgeeze won't be able to help on the rammer front he only has cnc mill capability not turning unfortunatly, and he informs me he's not too hot on a manual lathe.

robof9 i'll knock up a couple of delrin rammers, after a closer look at the stock one i think delrin will be strong enough. Not measured it but the thinest point looks 3.5mm to 4mm (by eye and it is getting late).

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Right i made a delrin rammer to see if it would be strong enough, simple answer is it didn't break.

However it flexed to the point where the bolt pin popped out every cycle so i think we can safely say delrin alone is not the right material for the rammer. :eek: Can you believe theirs something paintball related that cannot be made of delrin :rolleyes: what's the world comming to?

It was very light 5.6g with the stock rammer being 28.6g but with the spring i have in front of the poppet (ram return spring from a BKO which is similar in length to the stock valve spring but a lot lighter) i could barely get a pop sound from the valve.
That was with dwell at 9ms and the lpr setup as normal and set to flush.
Looks like a lighter spring is going to be needed along with a stiffer material for the rammer.

I guess next i'll try half ally and half delrin, from the front o-ring forward will be ally as i'm guessing most of the flex is from the thin section of the front o-ring.

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
Strawb said:
Right i made a delrin rammer to see if it would be strong enough, simple answer is it didn't break.

However it flexed to the point where the bolt pin popped out every cycle so i think we can safely say delrin alone is not the right material for the rammer. :eek: Can you believe theirs something paintball related that cannot be made of delrin :rolleyes: what's the world comming to?

It was very light 5.6g with the stock rammer being 28.6g but with the spring i have in front of the poppet (ram return spring from a BKO which is similar in length to the stock valve spring but a lot lighter) i could barely get a pop sound from the valve.
That was with dwell at 9ms and the lpr setup as normal and set to flush.
Looks like a lighter spring is going to be needed along with a stiffer material for the rammer.

I guess next i'll try half ally and half delrin, from the front o-ring forward will be ally as i'm guessing most of the flex is from the thin section of the front o-ring.

just be cafefull using ally, planet warned of friction welding

ps u da man an the lathe

rob

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
robof9 said:
just be carefully using ally, planet warned of friction welding

ps u da man an the lathe

rob

Should be OK as it will be anodised and i can make the part in front of the front o-ring quite a bit thinner than the stock rammer so it shouldn't be anywhere near the ram tube. I guess it's as thick as it is to get the required weight which we definitely don't want?

I am thinking that the 5.6g might be a tad light but i guess if the bolt had stayed attached that would have added another 21g or so so who knows.

Steve

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
Strawb said:
Should be OK as it will be anodised and i can make the part in front of the front o-ring quite a bit thinner than the stock rammer so it shouldn't be anywhere near the ram tube. I guess it's as thick as it is to get the required weight which we definitely don't want?

I am thinking that the 5.6g might be a tad light but i guess if the bolt had stayed attached that would have added another 21g or so so who knows.

Steve
is there no way to use delrin with an inserted bar runnin through to strengthen, and reduce flex

or the other is ti, but that is expensive and too hard to lathe.

can u anno yourself, or do you have to send them off to sloth?

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
robof9 said:
is there no way to use delrin with an inserted bar runnin through to strengthen, and reduce flex

or the other is ti, but that is expensive and too hard to lathe.

can u anno yourself, or do you have to send them off to sloth?
Thing is that where the front o-ring goes it's only 4.5mm diameter and about the smallest i could drill over the distance is 3mm which will only leave 0.75mm delrin either side and i just don't think it could be drilled without breaking.
I'll look into thinner rods but it still needs to be retained in some way.

I can do a bit of anodising, clear, what should be black (last attempt was dark blue) and possibly red but haven't tryed red yet. :eek:
Will have to read up on making things harder rather than colourfull :p

Steve