Lucky Ego Air Assist valve

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
sie2050 said:
strawb which part is flexing???
if its the bit where the bolt pin fixes itself to then theres a simple solution which also reatains the strength of the front part of the ram which strikes the valve.
explanation in the following picture

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/sie2050/Ego-Rammers2.jpg
will delrin hold a thread with that much stress on it, i honestly dont know

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Can't really see where it flexes when in the marker but out of the marker the weakest point is easily the front o-ring (half way along the bolt) so i guess that is where it's flexing.
Will have a better look tomorrow as it was late by the time i'd made the rammer.

sie2050

WCK Killa
Oct 11, 2004
swansea, wales, uk
Visit site
robof9 said:
will delrin hold a thread with that much stress on it, i honestly dont know
if you think about it most of the stress imposed is on the forward stroke so really its pushing it into the rammer rather than pulling it out but hey i cant be bothered to dig up physics etc in to this now its 11 pm and food is cooking lol
if you need anymore help with ideas etc i'll gladly help i got loads of stuff in my head that is dying to come out.

p.s the rammer can be made thicker if you think about it so the supporting rod suggested could be done. its should be possible and it will also lower the pressure at which the rammer will return at due to the ratio of air in the forward motion to the return motion.
studying pneumatics in college kinda give me that hypothesis haha:rolleyes:

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
sie2050 said:
if you think about it most of the stress imposed is on the forward stroke so really its pushing it into the rammer rather than pulling it out
was really thinking of the back stroke, uneven load as it drags the bolt back aswell, ie the bolt connects to the top

i also have alot of ideas floating round my head, also have voices too, not much room for any intelegence tho

sie2050

WCK Killa
Oct 11, 2004
swansea, wales, uk
Visit site
hahaha well im sure we will resolve this matter soon enough with so many ideas:D
im sure the bolt connects universally round the sides of the ram not the top like an angel
cos it has a cut in the end where it meets the rammer slot????
-si-

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Looks like the tip of the delrin bolt pin is slightly rounded so is probably half the issue.

Also it only contacts the ramer at the top (possibly half the rammer diameter at best) so a redesigned pin could be the answer ;)

Will raid the spring kit at work today to see if i can find anything suitable for a lighter poppet spring.

As for other materials then yes there are quite a few that could be tryed, lots of plastics are available in glass reinforced forms so would prove much stiffer.
We keep discounting ally but most other markers seem to get away with ally components without welding themselves together (Shocker, ION, Matrix, etc.) and magnesium is virtually as strong as ally but quite a bit lighter.

The issue with making a 2 or more piece rammer is it does get far more difficult to keep the tolerances and you start to get into issues with things comming apart. Threadlock seems a bit reluctant to hold on to delrin so short of superglue i'm not sure how we could stop things comming unscrewed.

What we need to keep in mind is that most of us shoot ego's because they are a high end marker that always works, things don't just fall apart and there are very few moving o-rings so with minor maintenance we have almost flawless reliability.
If there is a risk of something comming loose or whatever then i would rather find a differrent way of doing things (or different material) than loose that confidence that every time i pull the trigger a ball (or 2 :rolleyes: ) will come out the pointy end.