Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lv1 bbss fault

Paul Harvey

Dec 22, 2013
Hi guys..
I've got and lv1 brand new out the box ,came to use it for the first time today and it won't fire.. Hell it won't even dry fire, but the marker is gased up.
It all sets up fine with the upside down brackets ( ) to tell me the eyes are on then (•) when I have my hopper on but as soon as I pull the trigger , this symbol shows up ] but the flat side on the bottom
I have changed the battery and tried several brand new ones but nothing, factory reset , adjusted trigger in case it won't activating when pulled .. Looking in the manual it says it's a bbss fault but I have done all I can think off to fix this

Please help

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
A couple of things to consider
1. Which batteries have you used? I've found that the LV1 is very sensitive to battery quality, I have tended to use Procells on most PE markers, but increasingly I use the Energy Paintball
2. Does it dry fire with the eyes off?
3. As above, remover the eye covers and check the eyes are seated correctly in their respective slots and the eye connector is seated correctly into the board
4. Brand new... it might be worth calling the store you purchased from?

Last edited:

Paul Harvey

Dec 22, 2013
It's got an energy paintball battery in , and no it won't even dry fire when I turn the eyes off :( think it may he a job for planet

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Something similar happened to me,my eye's on my Lv1 went to hell when I swapped out the original Energy battery and replaced it with a Procell it just didn't like them no matter how many times I replaced it with another Procell ended up putting the Energy battery back in and the problem stopped also spoke to someone at a walk-on who had similar eye fault problems who sent there Lv1 into planet to get fixed and all they did was put a new battery in it to fix it.

Paul Harvey

Dec 22, 2013
Just had a fiddle with the eyes and it showed this [ ] which means the problem had cleared and just dried fired it twice and it worked a lot more then what I had today .. Something so simple haha cheers guys massive help

Reactions: outkastmike

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
I had this issue with my LV1 and theres another few who play at my local site with the same issue, all ended up going back to PE, all came back with the same diagnosis, use decent battery's, but they had all been replaced with brand new procells, so should have enough power, so whether its a fault PE aint making public, otherwise its a bit crap if the LV1 will only work correctly with The green energy battery's

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I would agree... there LV1 seems to be significantly more sensitive to batteries than previous Ego generations. Having used Procells for many years, increasingly I have felt the need to use Energy paintball batteries. Plus the consumption seems to be quicker... eg a full day training can effectively use a single battery, this wasnt the experience with other Egos

With 3 LV1s available to evaluate against, it does seem to be a pattern.

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
I'm currently using a standard (gold & black) Duracell battery in mine now and all seems fine so far.
So general opinion looks like Procells are no use in an Lv1 then :(.