Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M.P.L this sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Firstly a big thank you to Mark for a really great day ,secondly Shockwave have folded ,but the team still alive ,although if Tiny keeps drinkin all the Champagne and Monster Im not sure for how long!! The marshalling was firm but fair and everyone seemed happy (well as much as paintballers ever are) . They did their job well and played their part in a good day,which hopefully more will come to next time . Dates on Combat UK Facebook site.

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
yeh, so technically not playing under shock
Deanos dynamos...

personally i thought the reffing was fair and certainly no worse than we've seen across.the board at UK Tournie, Scott does a.good job regardless of the teams in front of him!

and we all know there are very few Willling to step.up and.learn to do it!

Reactions: scott_peters

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Since Paris ,it,s been Wade,s Wombles ,now Deano,s Dynamos . Really will have to find a better name for after Shock . At least Dickie was,nt in the naming suggestions.

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Well as long as the team's winning are enjoying it.. O wait wern't they marshalling too? I know shock won. But how can a tourney but not one sided as the reffs are reffing there own team
ARE YOU SERIOUS !!!!

First of all get your facts right ! only 1 of my refs played for a team the rest didnt !! i am the fairest ref out there and will 1-4-1 my team along with any other team so dont come on here giving it some on your keyboard please !

Did you even attend the event ??? if so why didnt you bring it to my attention on the day until getting home and getting on your keyboard ?

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Well as long as the team's winning are enjoying it.. O wait wern't they marshalling too? I know shock won. But how can a tourney but not one sided as the reffs are reffing there own team
And im sure if you had a poduim finish then your views would have been different :confused:

Like i had said in the captains meeting if anyone has any problems with myself or my marshalls on the day then please come over and talk to me where i shall resolve it, There were two minor issues on the day which were sorted out there and then

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
We were one of the teams that had an issue (SPLATPACK) it was our second game against redskins. Weren't happy with the outcome but were very happy with the marshalling.matter delt with and as you say there's always another day. I don't know what the other problem was but I thought it was a very well and smoothly run day. By the way we came last. So no podium for us just a wooden spoon.

Reactions: scott_peters

KainII

Aug 2, 2011
There are always going to be disputes with reffing no matter where you are, there is no way around it. But the way everything was handled at MPL was leaps and bounds better than any other tournaments i've attended, and as Scott said only one of the Refs had ever played with Impact, and they obviously weren't afraid to 1 for 1 us as was clearly seen.

Keyboard warriors are awful, step up and act like you've got a pair and talk to us in person.

b2theaker

Oct 14, 2011
sounds like a good event. I can understand why there are some views regarding reffing. I wasn't at the event but teams will always having something to say if a team reffing has a team playing the event. People will see it as being bias, but its the first event so you cant really judge it from that.

Now if the same teams kept on winning then maybe then you could say something.

anjii

Oct 12, 2011
So scott you were head reff? I hear Alex Ferguson will be reffing man u's next game. But who am I to judge, I'm sure teams were happy to find out on the day the reffing sitch.

anjii

Oct 12, 2011
Kain I wasn't there. So I guess I'm a keyboard knight. Just you must see how this looks. But I guess your blind sighted. Theres a reason teams dont reff there own team's. It went fine this time, but what about when it doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.