The Home Of European Paintball

M25 Leauge your thoughts please

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
A Few Good Men would...

...more than likely attend some or most of the tournaments that would be held as part of an M25 league provided they were mainly 7 man, the cost was sensible and the marshaling was consistently competent (consistent marshaling throught a series is vital).

Still think telepathic marshals would be an advantage though...
;)

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
Some teams are already commited to playing other series such as the midlands masters, series 2k2 and the swpl so you would have to be careful not to clash or to get teams that don`t play in any of these leagues, alot of teams don`t have sponsorship on paint so doing more than 1 league is unrealistic.

As for the 5/ 7 man debate.
5 man is easier to put a team into, but getting two guests shoudn`t be too much of a problem.
There is a need for a 7 man league to get teams competent enough to play and communicate at this level so english teams may finally be able to challenge the europeans and americans.
Which ever way you go I think you have to be consistent, make all levels the same so progressing is easier.

Just my thoughts.

TAZ76

RESIDUE DOGZ
Apr 26, 2002
london
Visit site
i agree with conran and baldric

:) :) :) yes i agree with u 2:) :) :)

the fact that clive has been holding both 5 and 7 mans all this year goes to prove at least on thing this woul be one of the ideal sites for the series as he has three fields and hot food toilets etc on site.
as far as last week was concerended yes he did have to cancel the 7 man due to low intresrt but surely this would have quite alot to do with campaign two weeks before we <residue dogs> were due to marshall that event also and agree that the marshalling should have some sort of entry level also so that it will always be fair but also so's that the players stop the argueing which seems to happen alot down here with decision's not being accepted etc and people walking off fields shouting and swearing at judges when it is just a game after all,we also played in sparklies last warm up b4 campaign and got creamed the whole day (due to a few to many stella's on 4 of the teams part me finks??i am one of those 4 )anyway that day we won the fair play award not because we came last but because we called ourselves out when we were and didn't argue with decision's etc.

tiny special thanks to you mate was a good day!!!

thankyou sparklie for that day it was fun and we will see you in a few weeks in durham hopefully as were gonna come up north and try a few of there teams out as we have been told the standards are pretty good up there also u will be there also i believe???

last but not least yes 7 man is a better idea but five man is more plausable for some people so if u come to some arrangement then great hope to see u all soon<might even pop over on sun as we are practising at infiltrators for a few hours>

Aliens

Not old + not slow
Sep 27, 2002
I'll play either, and there should be at least 8 refs for a 5 man and 10 for a 7 man field. and to stop cheating just arm the refs with shotguns:D

and if my lot cant afford to play it, anyone need a extra player for the odd event, (back player but dont mind tape, got plenty of experiance in the mm series, my team came 4th overall:D ) i think thats enough plugging for now.

Alien

Hmmm but you have to cover costs etc...
8 Marshals for 10 players, will be a bit crowded?

Anyway my opion is 7-Man. I mean the 7-man circuit is nil. I'm talking about UK.

The country needs more 7-Man tourneys, if the UK is going to get back to the top of the international paintball ladder.

Teams nowdays should have no problem picking up players, i personally know loads of players who would love to play in a Team, & there r more & more people getting into it.

blakey

been there, done it.....
Sep 24, 2001
Off the field, way off
Visit site
Options....options

Sparklie,

Lets look at the facts......

Millenium Series 7 player format....excellent marshals, superb venues,totally sup-air, Most of the worlds best attend etc.

SWPL used to be 7man, changed to 5man format becomming more succesful. Consistant marshals, good venues, mix of sup-air woodland.

Midlands Masters completely 5man format has seen attendance increase threefold over last year. Consistant Marshals, predominately sup-air, a couple of outstanding venues.

Series 2k2 Mixed 7,6,5 man format, varied ltd unlimited paint, mixed woodland, concept, Some excellent marshals combine to make this the best attended series.

So what does all this tell you.....................If it's run correctly, marshalled competantly, and represents good value for money. As all the above do then teams will play.

Two things to bear in mind though,

If we are working towards a National League a common format across the board would help.

Seven players can make a five man, it doesn't work the other way around.

As always if we can be of any help at all, please ask.

Blakey MM.

Bunka Monky

Oct 2, 2002
www.ukpaintball.co.uk
7-man i agree is the way forward, marshalling will allways be an issue at any event but if its gonna be a 3 tourny series then any team infringing could be barred from the rest? A choice of set rules should be chosen if u can. The millenium series rules can be printed off the net or if u wanna sort out your own set n hand em out at the start of each tourney that would be cool but theres a few bits n pieces that needed to be clarified even at campaign. Also a big problem u have if theres only a few marshals is the turn around of the games, aint nuttin more annoying than waiting about for ages or waiting for one team cos theyve jsut come off a field thats been running behind.
my thoughts,

Dan

Bunka Monkey:You where on about lack of Marshall's & game turnaround.

Quite simply to answer your question. When i'm talking about Marshalls, i'm talking about Marshall's on Field. You should always, when you r running a tourney have spare staff, running around calling out teams & crono etc.

The diffuclty is when 1 field run behind (normally to sort out some sort of dipute). It throws the runnig secudule out, that i'm afraid your never going to stop, because of the competativeness of the sport.

Just my 2 pence.:D

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
I think if you look a little farther down the road say a few years from now, that 5 man will be the prefered format. The only reason that i say this, is because x-ball if five man (on the field), and people are going to want to play the game the same way they see it on TV. Personally i'd rather play 7 man, but if x-ball takes off the way people are anticipating, then 5 man may be the format of choice.

i think for five man you'd need 6 judges. It's not the judges responsibility to make sure that teams are at the field on time, that's up to the tourney support staff.