Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 & UK Rankings

crispy

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
well most of the teams that were listed including the cougers (no offence guys just using u as example) who havent played

from what your'v been saying all a team needs to do to sit at the top of the m25 ranking is to come 1st in div 1 in one event and sit all the other 5 events out

so how is it a true ranking

and if you say it's not accumulation thing so why are teams rankings changing

go-one

Well you'll notice the cougers are not in the overall rankings !!!! Because they have only played 1 event. As i stated earlier in the thread to be listed in the overall rankings you need 3 event scores.

Whilst your analagy about "siting" is true, tell me 1 team capable of WINNING Div 1 who is then going to sit out the rest of the season and not play ! And even if a team plays infrequently, if they are capable of placing consistantly highly why should they not be listed ?

Rankings change cos people DO WELL or DO WORSE ! It would be a crap system if you could't move up or down ! i.e. Quake have moved up COS the team has played BETTER and PLACED HIGHER

As I keep saying this is a FORM ranking and if "Team **** kickers" only play 4 times a year but never lose, then they are the best form team !

Which makes it a true ranking.

The alternative is "team kicked to ****" never win but play EVERY event and end up high up the table !!! Not a "true ranking" in my book.

This "ranking" can be used as a guide so organisers can correctly alocate teams to divisions, which is one of the on going problems in Paintball ! At present there are no PRIZES just braging rights. So why exactly are you so anti ? Has your team got no bragging rights ? We would't know would we !

crispy

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
my point is that although it's a reasonably good system if your going to put this type of info up for organsers to use then you realy need to find a way of eliminating the holes
for instance that div 1 in one event may not be the same qualitie of teams in another event

try ranking the team in groups ie nov, am b, and pro and when a team has a ranking of one over x amount of events they then move up a level and stat at the bottom of that level this will iliminate the problems that would occour when there is a lacking of different standard teams
teams would have to state what level they think they are and you would soon see a change if they were lieing

also you need to have a five man ranking and a seven as some of the organiser run both and some of the teams will put 3 teams in on a 5 man and two on a seven man as well as the fact that some teams might have a stronger five man field or 7 man so yet again this would change that rankings so this has to be taken in to account

i hope you haven't taken offence to my points it was just my way of pointing out possible problems the last thing you want to do is offer up and ranking with major whole's it does need to be done but only if it's done properly

good luck

SHERIFF

LT-KILLER #O6
Jul 22, 2002
ESSEX
WWW.LTPAINTBALL.COM
At the end of the say its the only system out there and i for 1 am glat stu has put in the time to do it.
And steve no one remembers how much time you have left at the end of a game just who one..he he he
see you soon mate sheriff

go-one

And you have just hit the nail on the head !!!!

Yes there is 5, 6 & 7 man covered by this system.

There are also Woodland, Concept AND Sup-Air. And here lies the basic problem.

If there was a separate ranking for everything, I'd need a team of 10 not me and my laptop !!!! So somewhere there must be a compramise. I have taken my line, someone else may disagree, and are quite welcome to come up with there own system.

On some of the points you raise.........

Classification...... I will be doing listings for each on the web site (Testing at present) However as at present it is down to the teams to state their clasification (On the whole), as paying customers, I have minimal input. Beyond highlighting a self proclamed NOV team ranking highly above AM B's, but that will be there for all to see !!!

Strength of event........ I have factors (mathmatical) I apply if an event is NO PRO (SWPL) or NOV only for example. This 'reduces' the weight of the scores attained. The problem is how do you 'weight' a league, such as the S2003 which in the early legs was running 5 divs and at the Phonix cup mustered 3 ? Or the M25 which hs the highest PRO attendence of all leagues but sometimes only manages 3 pro team s? To weight every event individualy requires that team of 10 again ! So as far as I'm concerned if it is an OPEN event it 'weights' the same !

The main 'strength' factor on this system is SIZE of event. The more teams, the higher a team will score respectivly to a smaller event for the same finnishing position. There is also some variences between events that have divisions based on ability (where an overlap is applied) and those not, or self seeding. (Last in a self seed on this system is BAD)

I know this system is not perfect from a specific view point but no system will be due to the varience of the sport. For instance your team putting in 3 five man teams. It is however there choice if they spread there best players evenly or group them in one team. Which ever team is NOMINATED as their top team or places highest (if no obvious nomination) will be credited with the teams score on the system ! As an example I have 5 RPS viper teams listed. If they decide team black has all the good playes one week and team Gold the next, thats not MY problem ! Man U is Man U whether they field Giggs et al or the 3rd string reserves !

PS no offence taken, nice to have stired some interest !

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
From what I remember, a 1st in any given div earns around the same credit as a 6th in the div above. No doubt go-one will tell us precisely where it comes :D