Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25....what a waste of time!!!

Reverand

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
Martin got a 141 in the last game, i think he bonus balled a player from Tsunami who had been shot and was screaming obsenities after he had been mugged out.
No-one connected to Tsunami shouted any obsenities at Martin. It did come as a shock to the 3 remaining back players that Martin had managed to get in the position he had and they shouted at each other. Martin knows this now and the loving relationship we had with Martin as a team is now resumed.

Jud

thinking of coming Back
Oct 7, 2002
Somanc
aol.com
Originally posted by jahlad
shooter should have kept on him then......tho i think most marshalls would have pulled him out as he has moved to call himself and stop the opponent fireing
I too was Marshaling on sunday thank god at ancaster and not m25 Our team regular marshall as i personally leard lots from this , but sunday was extremelly hot so stood around all day takes its toll,
One incident on our field was a player took half a dozen bounces declared himself dead . on his way out he then self checked and discovered he was clean , but he still walked, the other thing that really pisses me off as a player and marshall , dead men dont talk , this breach of the rules is broken too many times , cheets never prosper just my 2p worth.

also organising these events are so demanding so be patient and hope that the event organisers dont just get sick and f~~k the event off , they are now aware of every ones complaints . keeep in there it will come good im sure.

a tipp for all marshalls all the players are punters and pay lots of cash to play so if your not up to it dont do it.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by duffistuta
That'll be Sam benched for life then...:D
Duffy, i already told you that i wouldnt snort what you were offering me in amsterdam.....good job too as it turned out to be the latest in nasal date rape drugs.......you naughty boy!;)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by How
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the judges on the Draxxus field were slow, and honestly they would have been better if they had not bothered to turn up!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shut up mate, I have many people who can vouch they shot me while checking players, I even ran through 3 people firing, on a PGI sharks vs someone else, just to try and stop the pgi sharks players bunker deflating. Also I got almost pointed blanked by 2 people from backlash in the face trying to check another guy in a cross by the X.

Also did you ever consider that standing around for at least 7 hours in the hot sun is hard work? I believe someone on RPS even got sunstroke and someone on my field almost fainted :mad:
Want a medal mate? You were slow in the games i watched, and the judging performance that you gave smacked of incompetence....just like it did at the last leg.....

I probably shot you when you were on field too mate, it wasnt intentional, but that happens when you marshall. I got shot to crap judging the last event, did i bitch and whinge?? No, it is what you get paid to do!

tell you what....why dont we have a chat face to face at the next leg and you can explain why you want to lamp me....:rolleyes:

Sam

go-one

OK, I was a marshal on the angel field and that the ONLY complaint i've seen DIRECTLY aimed at that field as aposed to general stuff was the origonal thread start I'll take as a good thing.

I personaly don't remeber that incident but I did't arive untill mid morning having been up till 2 at a works function but still came down, hangover and all when I did't have to ! I have described a simaler incident on another thread tho where the whole situation was brought about by a player playing on over 10 -15 m and shooting 3 players, then people have the gaul to blame the marshals for the confusion caused by us puting players back in !!!

Whils SOME coments i'm sure are well grounded the truth of the mater has already been brought to light by the very person whos complained the most........ The reason the marchaling is not up to your standard Sam, is most of the people there do not play to your level and have neither the experiance or the fight after 7 hours in 30 deg for the **** they have to put up with from the players. You said yourself that the teams most able are not willing, therfore, you have what you have and untill they have GAINED that experiance you will have to live with it ! (Whilst I agree some things could be easily rectified experiance can not !)

I am not going to get into a protracted debate as reading the last 9 pages was more stressfull that dealing with people unable and unwilling to simply play a sport to the rules of that sport so do not expect a further responce from me. There are to many coments in the last 9 pages for me to remember let alone respond to as sam requests, so I will leave you with these thoughts.

Most of the people who have marshaled the M25 so far are inexperiance both as Players AND as marshals so ANY comparison to the milenium series is frankly ludicrus. That these said players are actualy willing to stand up and be counted, crap or not, puts them above ANY player out ther who posts on this board and winges having NEVER marshaled themselves (U OK Sam :).
And whether the marshals are good, poor, inexperianced, or of 10 years experiance (like me !) do you realy blame them for being a little reluctent to 'MAKE A SPILIT SEC DESISION' when all they get for it is verbal & physial abuse, gun throwing , foulmouthed, unsportsman like responces from the very people that if they DIDN'T cheet in the first place wouldt FORCE us into making those decisions !

Before ANYONE posts further on this subject............

GO LUCK IN THE F*****G MIRROR FIRST

fester

i dont want to get into a bitch fight so this is my last 2p worth
first off i was not slating any judges as sutch just remember who started this post and all his the juges were bad he said the smart parts field was "THE ONLY WELL JUGED field" all i did was post a reply that said no it was not then he asked me to justify it no one ask him or said he is well out of order for slagging off the juges

all day long i had no other prob with juges on any other field they were all quick to check and to pull players out
the thing is i did not see every game that was played so of course there would of been bad calls on all fields juges r only human like all of us

D

duffistuta

With regards to the marshals getting tired and dehydrating, while I sympathise I think comments like this from Go-One>

>>>I personaly don't remeber that incident but I did't arive untill mid morning having been up till 2 at a works function but still came down, hangover and all when I did't have to ! <<<

Certainly point to the reason why some refs flagged quicker than others - nothing like a night on the piss to make sure you're dehydrated before the first game even starts.

Not having a dig at you Go-One, but maybe the way people view their reffing obligations needs to change...

go-one

OK i know I said I would'nt reply, but to clarify, It was my regimental summer ball, a ONCE a year event ! I was not included as part of the 'marshalling team', there being 8 players from team zone already on the field. I came down out of support for sparklie and my team mates, being an experianced marshal.

I know you said it was'nt a direct dig, duffistuta, so a simple explanation you have.

Generaly speaking though, I'm not surprised some of the marshals were 'flagging' either, but that is not different to ANY other event I have been to in the last 13 years i've been playing !

The fact most events have 'players partys' etc and the big events are seen as social occations also, is it realistic to expect the marshals to be tucked up in bed missing the fun ? I know some will jump straight on that comment and bleat about profesionalism and all that but how many out there can claim they've never played hung-over ? Is that not just as "unprofesional" in your aproch as a team player ? Just a thought for debate ! Breath test's next to the chrony :)