Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25....what a waste of time!!!

D

duffistuta

Thanks for the reply, and I agree with you that the general climate and way these things are viewed - players party etc. - is part of the problem. I'll lay money that many of the judges were out on the beer the night before, as most refs are before most events...

I think the key bit lies in your post here:

>> I know some will jump straight on that comment and bleat about profesionalism and all that but how many out there can claim they've never played hung-over ? Is that not just as "unprofesional" in your aproch as a team player ? Just a thought for debate ! Breath test's next to the chrony :)<<<

Players pay to play - if they wish to waste their money and let their team down, or if they just want a laugh with their mates and the beer is as important as the event after - then that is their choice as paying customers.

Part of what the players pay for is marshals, and marshals are paid to be there. Now if my staff turned up to work pissed/massively hungover and incapable of performing their function correctly, they wouldn't have a job for very long.

Now if we want to have Paintball The Fun Activity, then the way things are at the monment is fine, but if we want to have Paintball The Sport, then hungover refs have to go....

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by duffistuta
Now if we want to have Paintball The Fun Activity, then the way things are at the monment is fine, but if we want to have Paintball The Sport, then hungover refs have to go....
The trouble there is that refs are players as well but that is another issue.

You have a players party on site and you say to your mate who happens to be reffing the next day.

"sorry you can' t drink" I think I know what the response is.

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
Staff

Thats true but if you expected you staff to work those hours without suitable rest you'd have a tribunal on your hands.

No marshall does the job for the cash, hell i get paid 35 an hour even when sleeping if i do a locum and i bet lots of other people get similar so 2 hours of sat on arse when everyone says thank you doctor afterwards or a whole day of running around in the blazing sun and a load of whinging after.

I marshalled the second leg with my team monkey love and had to leave at 7 pm to pick up my wife, because of this i offered to get no money ofr the day (didnt want to drop the boys in it when i had to go before they left) Tis after i spent 30 qwid in petrol to get there and back.

In all i had a scream, yep so some of the calls were a bit late or a bit dodgy but i got to have some games of ball with a cracking crew of guys in a great set up an then enjoy a cold beer afterward chatting to people who i hadnt seen in a while.

Id like to say a big thankyou to all the marshalls for the effort they did put in working for below mininum wage for the love of the sport.

Thanks also to sparklie liz an tha jiggster for putting it all together and the work they do for very little return apart from criticism.

On a constructive not i thing teams should marshal in their squads with some old heads helping out. You gonna make the effort and make those calls if your squad gonna rip you after if you dont.

Laters

James
AKA Puffy

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
Originally posted by Tom Tom
The trouble there is that refs are players as well but that is another issue.

You have a players party on site and you say to your mate who happens to be reffing the next day.

"sorry you can' t drink" I think I know what the response is.
In the Midlands Masters we fine people who are still a bit 'merry' from the night before...unfortunately, it was me last time- I'll know not to do that again :(

Jules

D
Sep 25, 2002
Bath
Originally posted by DickySixx
In the Midlands Masters we fine people who are still a bit 'merry' from the night before...unfortunately, it was me last time- I'll know not to do that again :(
haha yeah dicky, i'll be having a mini moet :p

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
I really dont get this........

.....ok, off the back of what was in my opinion, and im guessin many others, the best leg of the M25 so far -mad props to sparklie and her team- im seein quite possibly the most post tourney moaning so far???

i am decidely confused

i know we all want instant perfection, and that it is not quite there yet, but this IS the best thing to hapen for us southern ballers.

i accept people have marshalling gripes, but when has anyone ever come on here to thank a marshall for a call that went in their favour when it could have gone either way? very few, if any me thinks.

plus, the responsibility of marshalls is not solely sparklies problem, i believe there needs to be a concerted effort from all teams/leagues/organisations to ensure everyone can marshall, perhaps we need universal rules across the different series, who knows? maybe all teams playing two legs or more should have to marshall a leg?

i dont have the answers, but mindless bitching is even less effective.

Hp

Godlike player

May 12, 2003
kent uk
Visit site
The teams marshalling some legs thing has been tried and failed badly with the words " if your gona stuff us wait till we marshall you next leg"
The solution is one set of rules across tornaments so marshalls know what they are from tournament to tournament , and for the ukpsf to set up some sort of disciplinary commitie until that happens the cheats will prosper and the marshalls will get blamed.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I got the very strong impression that the EPA is being set up for Millennium players and teams, nothing to do with purely domestic series. The majority of the guys & girls playing M25 won't be at tournaments like Toulouse which is where I gather the first meeting is going to be, at most they may do one or two Millenniums and that's all, so I doubt the EPA will be that much involved when it comes to non-international tournaments :(

In theory, this should come under the UKPSF banner but not enough players join that to finance it properly, and all the officials in the UKPSF have to spend their own time over and above their "day jobs" to get anything done.

The UKPL are doing their best to set up a cross-series disciplinary committee, but again this takes time and they only had their first meeting in March.

D

duffistuta

Hey Liz

Having spoken at length to Piper and Goose - though sadly not to Mimi - I think that you'll see the EPA attempting to extend itself well beyond the Millenniums, and with PGI and everyone else's help the days of a cross-series disciplinary committee that must be taken seriously or players will face dire consequeneces are not too far away...

Trust me!