Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25....what a waste of time!!!

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Originally posted by QuackingPlums
If you work it out, 5 divisions with 8 teams each, that's something like 150 games in total (ok, I couldn't be arsed to work it out, but it's something close to that:D).
Number of games between n teams = n(n-1)/2

So, 4 divs of 8 teams = 4 * 8*7/2 = 112 games
1 div of 7 teams = 7*6/2 = 21 games
Total = 133

:D

And it's sad that some people had problems with the masrhalls; I don't think we had any complaints ourselves, even from the one on the RPS field who I gave an earful to after being (I thought unjustly) pulled, who came over and explained very nicely and politely why he had (correctly) pulled me.

Originally posted by cockersrule
ok, was there

i play back so i dont really notice these bad calls as im more focused...so not much to say on the marshalling front. although i did join in in some shouting at a marshall on SP field Redz novice vs storm, when a dead storm player(shot on head, blatently) was allowed back in, to then shoot my mate who had the flag nearly to his base in his arse repeatedly which hurt, and then the marshall to cal it ok, till every single side of the field was inundated with bytstander and player shout f#ck off hes out!!

Ok,I was that player on REDz nov who got shot in the arse.
At least one of my team had hit the player,he then stayed on the field so I asked him was he in or out.I got no answer so i tagged him on the top of his goggles.
As I ran the flag back he lit my arse up and tried to pull the flag off me. In my opinion he should have been off the field and his armband removed but that said we played three games on field one and apart from that one incident we have no complaints with the decisions made . (even when Wolf Pack spanked us!!! well done guys)

duffistut

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
What disappointed me

More than anything else was something that was beyond Sparklie's control - the cheating. And I'm not talking about division one, but mostly certain div 4 and 5 games I watched alonmg with the other Sharks and Campaign Power guys. Frankly, it was awful.

I watched players wipe and blatantly play on when they knew they were hit time and time again...I know we had a big argument the other day in the SYB forum about whether new/young players think cheating is acceptable, and the majority said no...well, having watched many teams, including a lot who post on these boards, I've got to say I think a lot of people talk a clean game but don't walk one. I found it hugely depressing to see such cynical cheating going on...and that's without mentioning a couple of moody guns which were about as legal as crack cocaine. (And yes, these were pointed out to Ralph.)

Sam is right, the marshalling wasn't great, but there are a hell of a lot of players - though no-one I've seen who's posted on this thread yet - who need to take a good look at themselves before ever criticising the judges they themselves try to cheat.

You know who you are.

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
What disappointed me

Originally posted by duffistut
[see such cynical cheating going on...and that's without mentioning a couple of moody guns which were about as legal as crack cocaine. (And yes, these were pointed out to Ralph.)

i supose when you say about moody guns, you talk about Ecstasy s guns, all it is,is that our guns have very light triggers, the problem is when we play at millenium events, which we have done them all so far,the other teams we play against all have the same so we play them with no dis-advantage. And i was the player who spoke to Ralph and he said that it was mainly an issue about markers going off accidently rather than cheating.
And i would just like to say i did not think the judging was not to bad and just to say if we can find a venue i will try and teach how to marshall if it would help.
And i would just like to say well done to my players for coming 3rd yesterday you guys done my proud

Cheers Twizz Team Ecstasy

Recoil

EBlade *fap*
Apr 26, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Originally posted by cockersrule
were only humans, mistakes happen, as u have quoted,it's a tough job standing out on those fields for 8 or 9 hours in the blazing sun, how the hell can u expect them to be 100% alert and ready for that long???!!1:confused:
Someone else who doesnt quite get it really...

We are only human, well done... we make mistakes, well done.. but surely you are pointing out the big irony here ???

Lets take another example.... Manchester United are awarded a penalty in the FA Cup Final, its 1 - 1 and the final minute of the match.... the foul or whatever caused the referee to blow his whistle was so blatently not a foul that even the Man U fans are silent wondering if they can be that lucky...

The Refs excuse after the game... "I had been running around for nearly and hour and half and I was tired and couldnt concentrate." Could you imagine the uproar?

Judging mistakes should not happen because Marshalls are tired, if thats the cause of the problem then thats what needs sorting. If paintball wants to become the great sport it wants to be then these are the little things that need sorting out asap.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by Recoil
Someone else who doesnt quite get it really...

We are only human, well done... we make mistakes, well done.. but surely you are pointing out the big irony here ???

Lets take another example.... Manchester United are awarded a penalty in the FA Cup Final, its 1 - 1 and the final minute of the match.... the foul or whatever caused the referee to blow his whistle was so blatently not a foul that even the Man U fans are silent wondering if they can be that lucky...

The Refs excuse after the game... "I had been running around for nearly and hour and half and I was tired and couldnt concentrate." Could you imagine the uproar?

Judging mistakes should not happen because Marshalls are tired, if thats the cause of the problem then thats what needs sorting. If paintball wants to become the great sport it wants to be then these are the little things that need sorting out asap.
I was going to stay out of this but I just want to pull out a quick point here.

Cokcers Rule said marshalling in the (Frankly too hot sun) for 8/9 hours means a lapse in concentration. Not just an hour and a half.

With heat like that and and with such long days an idea would be to have 2 sets of marshalls one for AM and one for PM less heat for the entire day per person.

OK that said yes the marshalling was slow (on all fields) but overall I think that they marshalled fair as they could. I am not saying it was perfect and perhaps i was too hot to see the bad calls. I did hear a few complaints though (one from my team) but it happened a few times on seperate fields.

Last player in is holding his own. PLayer runs for mug but on the way in gets seen and a few balls hit him, the guy then puts a hand in the air to get the shooter to stop shoting and so he does the mugger runs past (just momentum) where he is greeted by a marshall who looks at him and says he is clean (the balls must have bounced) rather than the marshall saying that the player is clean and replacing him from where he started the run he calls him clean from behind the player so the last man in defending does not even know that this player is live again. A few shots from behind and the player is gone. That is wrong.

So I agree the marshalling may have had a few bum decisions but I think in the conditions we need to give them some credit for hard work in hard conditions.

We need to address the way marshalling is done and I agree a mix of youth and experience would be a better mix but if no one wants to marshall no one gets to play.

And who would want to marshall the next leg of this event or others if all we see after is $hit flying around telling you how crap you are.......:confused:

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by Tom Tom
I was going to stay out of this but I just want to pull out a quick point here.

Cokcers Rule said marshalling in the (Frankly too hot sun) for 8/9 hours means a lapse in concentration. Not just an hour and a half.

With heat like that and and with such long days an idea would be to have 2 sets of marshalls one for AM and one for PM less heat for the entire day per person.

OK that said yes the marshalling was slow (on all fields) but overall I think that they marshalled fair as they could. I am not saying it was perfect and perhaps i was too hot to see the bad calls. I did hear a few complaints though (one from my team) but it happened a few times on seperate fields.

Last player in is holding his own. PLayer runs for mug but on the way in gets seen and a few balls hit him, the guy then puts a hand in the air to get the shooter to stop shoting and so he does the mugger runs past (just momentum) where he is greeted by a marshall who looks at him and says he is clean (the balls must have bounced) rather than the marshall saying that the player is clean and replacing him from where he started the run he calls him clean from behind the player so the last man in defending does not even know that this player is live again. A few shots from behind and the player is gone. That is wrong.

So I agree the marshalling may have had a few bum decisions but I think in the conditions we need to give them some credit for hard work in hard conditions.

We need to address the way marshalling is done and I agree a mix of youth and experience would be a better mix but if no one wants to marshall no one gets to play.

And who would want to marshall the next leg of this event or others if all we see after is $hit flying around telling you how crap you are.......:confused:
i wasnt there as i was marshalling at the s2k3 but from the description of that mugging....if the player put his hand in the air to stop the shooter firering then he has called himself eliminated and the marshall should have sent him off field weather there is paint on him or not......he shouldnt have been put back in play at all. just my 2p

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by jahlad
i wasnt there as i was marshalling at the s2k3 but from the description of that mugging....if the player put his hand in the air to stop the shooter firering then he has called himself eliminated and the marshall should have sent him off field weather there is paint on him or not......he shouldnt have been put back in play at all. just my 2p
We thought that but appernetly he did not put his hand on his head as a sign of a dead man........

D

duffistuta

Hey Twizz

Nope, not at all - the two guns I mentioned to Ralph were from a team playing either Div 3 or 4 - we had no problems with you guys, except for the fact that you beat us.