Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ma Bling Won't Ching

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Right, first of all, altering the BPS only changes the markers non-sensi mode.

All Speeds are set at 30bps in any of the Sensi modes so altering the ROF will make no difference. Regardless of whether you are outshooting the hopper, in modes 1 & 3 you should NOT break a ball, not one...

The ball detents should definately not be loosened. They should be in finger tight on both sides, but check with your finger that they both push in when you push the ball bit. Detents sticking out could cause bursts. Also make sure the Sensi rod which sticks up into the chamber is completely free from grease/paint residue (crap in that area will stop Sensi detecting balls correctly)

If your dwell is set at 12, you are running 350-400 psi into the gun and you are definately on Sensi mode three and you are getting bursts, it is almost definate (assuming your paint definately fits down the barrek and isn't ****ty stuff) a faulty sensi sensor...

Remove your grip frame, and remove the clear plastic section which sits below the Sensi rod, when the gun is assembled. Within this clear plastic part you will see a yellow strip which runs sideways across the width of the marker and the plastic Sensi rod pushes down on this strip to tell the electronics there is balls waiting. If that yellow strip has even a hairline fracture, sensi will not operate correctly.

Email frazer@wdp.tv and tell him you believe the sensor is defective, send the plastic section with yellow strip off to him and he will test and replace FOC.

When you get the new one, put it in and your woes should be over...

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Something you haven't told us and I'm surprised some of the Speed owners haven't said is that given that you didn't calibrate the Sensi properly that would tend to indicate that this WAS the issue...the sensi sensor can be defective it has been known and cleaning it all out and replacing has also been known to work but the one thing not mentioned is after you broke balls in the Speed how did you clean it out? this sounds a daft question but if you used a straight shot the odds of you having broken your sensi rod is extremely high...only carry battle swabs not straight shots. Fortunately there is a spare rod in the little bag of o rings etc ;)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
This to me, (assuming it is the sensi strip that is broken) shows the difference between the Halo and the Egg II in regards to feed rate!
When I first got my speed the sensi strip was broken. I only noticed this as my rof didn't drop when the hopper was empty, instead of shooting balls I was dry firing.
Despite sensi not working I never broke a ball with the Halo on top :)

Paul
:)

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
Right boys here we go,

Mark, when I got a burst I never used a pull through I always use a fluffy so I don t break the sensor.

At Campaign a WDP tech replaced my SENSI sensor cause that s wot I thought it was then.

I ve done the drop down test on the sensi, it's coming up working.

Paul, funny you should say about a Halo mate, I've had a halo on my speed and it ripped and I never burst a ball :rolleyes:

But I have an Egg, so I need my Speed to work with it!

Today I turned my rate of fire down, I never tunred my sensi on (Benfrain). But it didn t make any differnce :(

I just want this thing to work, I ve got Wrexham this weekend and am pure stressin bout this gun :(

Mak D
:mad:

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Mak, sorry, in the last post you said you never turned Sensi on? Is that right?

Not trying to teach grandma to suck eggs but can you answer the following questions just so I can be sure what you are trying and what you aren't.

1. When you perform the drop test as per manual, does it pass EVERY single time? It should, if it doesn't it needs a new sensor. If it does pass every time...

2. Is your Sensi mode set to mode three (instructions how to change it in the manual)? Must be on mode 3 to not chop.

3. When you switch the marker on and it has 'booted up' - is your red Sensi light on on the LED? Should be.

4. Are you then firing 5-6 balls fairly slow before letting rip?

if you've done all that and it is still bursting I would be tempted to send it back to WDP and let Frazer sort it for you...

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
Yeah mate i tried that Sensi mode 3 thing on the Sat but I was still bursting :(

I did all that starting up stuff also, but I still burts. However i seen u wrote sumthin about when i turn it on is the sensi on? Well sumtimes I turn it on and the sensi is on and others i have to turn it on!

Am gonna give it to ma good mate Les :D at Wrexham and make him fix it lol :)

Mak D
:cool:

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Mak, if you have sensi enabled, every time you turn on the gun with the flick switch at the back and it's done all the Blackpool illuminations crap and settled, there should be a red light permanently on where it says Sensi in the LED.

If it isn't you should just press in the top button till it illuminates. Sensi is then on meaning that as long as you are in mode 1 or 3, you shouldn't burst balls...

If sensi is definately on, it's in mode 3 and still bursts then give it an Angel tech and let them sort it and have a sausage butty in the meantime ;) Far less stressful that way :)

pgaglio

Used Car Salesman
May 2, 2003
Detroit/Motown, USA
Visit site
just a thought before you send out the marker back to WDP, try charging the battery for a full 4 hours. I've heard that the power meter on Speeds can be unreliable and will sometimes give a full reading when the batt is low. low batteries cause all sorts of odd problems (such as fsdo, etc..) with the Speed.