Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Macdev Clone GT vs Dye DM12

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
Hi everyone, so as a present to myself for next season ive decided to upgrade my etek4 to a high end marker. Ive been having a look round and ive always loves the dm series, but after seeing the red clone gt ive fallen in love with it.

Im looking at buying new, and pretty much send my markers off for a service after every use. DM12's are selling for £950 in the colours I want, and clone gt's are selling for £1050. In your opinion which is worth it? I hear a lot of players recommending the clone gt but that was when they were around the same price. But what about now the price has dropped? And as I am in the UK, clone gt's can only be brought from one shop, bzpaintball

So what do you think? Is the clone gt worth the extra £100 and a huge wait while the colour I want is ordered in?

Many thanks,
Jamie

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
No ive been unable to, ive never even seen a clone gt in the uk. Ive seen dm12s and I may be able to see if my boss can find me a dm12 to hold. But I cant even try a clone gt unless I go to bzpaintball which is hundreds of miles from me sadly. I had never held an etek before I brought mine so im use to taking a dive. I have heard the dye grips are better, but the clone gt has much less kick and is slightly more efficient

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
If i was dropping cash like that on a marker id atleast hold them, or ask on here if theres anyone in your area with one, most players would let you look over their marker. If theres anything ive learnt over the last couple of years buying various markers is that just because its worth alot of money doesnt mean its going to be your favourite, my favourite is the axe which retails less than half as much as some of the markers ive owned. Also it doesnt matter how nice a marker looks, if it doesnt feel rght in the hands you wont enjoy it as much. Just my lesson learnt the expensive way. X

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
Thank you. That did occur to me but I've never though of asking if there's anyone local to me as I cant really get anywhere. Not that I would know where to ask such a question? I think with the Clone GT the only way i'm going to know how they feel is to go to a shop, which is sadly 168 miles away. If anyone lives local to the following post code and owns either the DM12 of the clone gt that would let me have a look at theirs that would be awesome.

I also work at Skirmish Hilton near Featherstone if anyone would like to bring one down for me. Would be great if someone could. If i get the MacDev Clone GT i have to wait for it to be shipped over from Australia, Where as the DM12 i can just order in direct from Dye

Last edited:

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
If i was dropping cash like that on a marker id atleast hold them, or ask on here if theres anyone in your area with one, most players would let you look over their marker. If theres anything ive learnt over the last couple of years buying various markers is that just because its worth alot of money doesnt mean its going to be your favourite, my favourite is the axe which retails less than half as much as some of the markers ive owned. Also it doesnt matter how nice a marker looks, if it doesnt feel rght in the hands you wont enjoy it as much. Just my lesson learnt the expensive way. X

True words my favorite was my alien interceptor still regret selling it

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
Also id call bz and see what events their attending, i held a clone gt when they came down to mayhems big game last year. they could be coming to a field in your area or a game your at, just means youd have to wait. X

Fragle

Hey you in the bushes!
Aug 5, 2012
hinckley
ever thought about the GEO 3?, dm12's are more like 900 13's around 1000. rrp

for me, planet marker support is second to none so you should take not just the marker but the warrenty side of it into consideration aswell