The Home Of European Paintball

MacDev GTi Leak.

Aphex

formerly 'S!ck'
Jan 14, 2007
Harrow, London
www.kaosslighting.co.uk
Hey all,

Looking for some advice regarding my MacDev GTi.
When I try to air it up it leaks out of the middle of the frame towards my hand.

Im talking major unusable leak.
I have just:

Replaced every O-ring on the marker.
(including the three that are under the solenoid)
Cleaned and lube everything,
Changed the battery.

Now I'm stumped, anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Should mention that it seems to "hold air". once I remove the tank i can still fire a single shot with the air thats in the marker itself - like you would expect with a healthy marker.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
Does the solenoid cycle ok when the the marker is not aired up and the eyes are off? You should hear it clicking.. Also have you changed the o oring on the cap head which secures the reg grip to the body? This tends to shred and cause a leak..

The reg grip is secured on with 2 fixings, one on the outside and one inside the reg grip.. The one inside the reg grip has a o ring on it.. You have to remove the reg, spring and piston and the use a long Allen key to reach the cap head..

Last edited:
Reactions: Aphex

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
Yep just the one that goes on the cap head inside the reg grip.. Is it over pressurised? Have you tried closing the reg and then backing it out a 1/4 of a turn at a time when it's aired up, checking the pressure gauge on the display as you do.. If the reg is opened up too much that will cause a leak

Last edited:

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
Not that then.. Have you checked the o ring on the asa knob and also the one between the asa and grip? Also has the leak started after you serviced it or changed anything?

Aphex

formerly 'S!ck'
Jan 14, 2007
Harrow, London
www.kaosslighting.co.uk
ooo Ive not checked that, I will have a look now.
It basically started as I forgot to service it after a training session, then my team Geo arrived and it sat in my gear bag covered in paint.
Got it out, cleaned it all up, leaking madly.

Im almost certain it'll be a mashed O-ring somewhere

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
There are 2 sub plates inside the body.. A and B.. Sub plate A is the small one by the reg and sub plate B is the one the solenoid is attached to.. They both have a series of o rings on them, some very small.. Have you got a manual to check against? Also if you have a team mate who has a gti you could try your drivetrain in their marker to rule that out for the cause of the leak...