The Home Of European Paintball

Madrid

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Robbo said:
Steve, I misread your post, apologies, I editied my post accordingly.
No problems. I understand the thrust of this thread but I just had to point out the contrast between the quality of the 2004 event and what I read about this year's event. In 2004 we refs were really treated well in Madrid. I also wanted to point out that some of the other, more venerated, promoters mentioned here have also been guilty of neglecting certain key details (e.g. showing respect, appreciation and basic consideration for the reffing crew).

Really nothing deeper than just these observations.

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Nick Brockdorff said:
That may - or may not - be the case.... I have no information as to who was responsible for doing exactly what for the Madrid event.

Who for instance was responsible for the poor level of reffing?

Who made the descision that the reffing teams should not bring the required 8 persons?

From what I know of the series, none of those problems rest with the "man on the ground".

Nick
From speaking to ulrich, PEDRO. He cancelled the teams that were meant to be reffing with 7-10 players, so they all rearranged holidays etc, then a week before the event, laurent apparently realised and asked them to still come, by this time each team could only raise 3-4 refs.

*Edit* just read the last few pages, everyone knows that,lol*

The marshalling was poor, from our games and others I saw, they could not get a handle on run throughs, people getting lit up, called out and then carrying on shooting people, they were just calling everyone out and in a lot of cases no 1 4 1's. This was down to the fact the refs were knackered, they had huge long days to contend with.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Wadidiz said:
No problems. I understand the thrust of this thread but I just had to point out the contrast between the quality of the 2004 event and what I read about this year's event. In 2004 we refs were really treated well in Madrid. I also wanted to point out that some of the other, more venerated, promoters mentioned here have also been guilty of neglecting certain key details (e.g. showing respect, appreciation and basic consideration for the reffing crew).

Really nothing deeper than just these observations.

Absolutely agreed but we have seen a different resolve from the likes of Baldrick, Laurent, Manfred and Barry whereby they are committed to giving us more bang for our buck and whilst I don't think I am actually venerating them, I am giving them credit for at least trying to do the right thing whereas Pedro has shown to everybody that he holds no such similar resolve.
The idea for all of us is to learn from our mistakes, I believe the other promoters have gone some way in achieving this and I'm sure Pedro also has but he alone chooses to ignore these experiences in favour of money.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Robbo said:
If we disregard all the bull for a minute and take a hard look at the man himself, we are forced to concede that any man who stands in front of his customer base, both player and vendor, and tells them that 'if you don't like it, you can leave because there are plenty of others waiting to take your place' just doesn't deserve to be a Millennium promoter...end of !

Pete never a truer word have you written!

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Robbo said:
Andy, everything I write, I endeavour to be 100% truthful, it's just that some people get pissed off sometimes when that truth is told about them .....

Fair point I just thought I would point out that you are now today's star pupil!

What is that old saying?............. Oh yes the truth hurts :D :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Andy Piper said:
What is that old saying?............. Oh yes the truth hurts :D :D
Not quite true because when your other half recently told me, 'Pete - you are the most gorgeous alpha male I have ever clapped eyes on' and 'Who the hell needs Alex Lundquist when you are around', I didn't feel hurt at all, in fact I felt quite aggrieved because it had taken her so long to realise.....

:)

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Robbo said:
Not quite true because when your other half recently told me, 'Pete - you are the most gorgeous alpha male I have ever clapped eyes on' and 'Who the hell needs Alex Lundquist when you are around', I didn't feel hurt at all, in fact I felt quite aggrieved because it had taken her so long to realise.....

:)

Then you woke up a realised you were all alone, I feel Deb I really do :D :D