Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mag feed markers

gas_axe

Jul 11, 2010
Hope this post is in the right place, anyway
Has anyone been using a mag fed marker and if so are they any good as looking to purchase one, but need some info before I spend my money
Which one to go for.......??????

Reactions: RobbyT

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A few questions to ask yourself:
Why magfed ? To play mag fed events, to restrict yourself, to switch first strike & hopper etc

How much do you want to spend?
Hammer 7s are a total winner - bargain price, magfed, pump, first strike and the option of hopper fed
Dye dams take an electronic dye marker and turn it magfed - complete with magazine, hopper, first strike

Fordy

May 8, 2011
Why do you want to?

I've never really heard any compelling reason other than "oh it looks gucci and I want to pretend like I'm a soldier".. I mean fine, but make sure you know that's what you're doing.

I mean *maybe* you could argue there's a better weight distribution of the marker.. but really it's just all aesthetic I think.

Nov 27, 2012
No massive hopper on the top, so lower profile, as well as looking better. Also it encourages much more tactical gameplay rather than spray and pray, which is what I personally prefer.

gas_axe

Jul 11, 2010
I what a magfed marker, for a miltac meeting at NPF bassetts pole in August, which is magfeed only. I think its a great idea, as someone said, more skill, less paint :)
The problem is, if it doesnt catch on I am stuck with a magfed marker. So dont want to spend much yet.

I was thinking of getting a desent gun and mag feed conversion, so if all goes pear shape I still have a useable paint ball gun

Sbcoyr

Mar 18, 2013
Barnstaple,Devon
Mate head over to magfedpbuk on Facebook that's the best place to ask your questions, but I can assure you your not alone on magfed you just need to look in the right places :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Even with the cheapest options it could still be an expensive purchase for one game if you decide it's not for you

Ask the organisers about rentals and then check out everyone else's gear on the day

Consider it the standard advice for new players - even when they go on to walkons

Sbcoyr

Mar 18, 2013
Barnstaple,Devon
I what a magfed marker, for a miltac meeting at NPF bassetts pole in August, which is magfeed only. I think its a great idea, as someone said, more skill, less paint :)
The problem is, if it doesnt catch on I am stuck with a magfed marker. So dont want to spend much yet.

I was thinking of getting a desent gun and mag feed conversion, so if all goes pear shape I still have a useable paint ball gun
Are you at paintfest?