Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Magazines not doing their jobs....

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
Is it just me or is mag coverage of an event just a little to cookie-cutter? I have been reading a lot of coverage lately and it seems that it is all just a little generic and the reporters aren't really doing their jobs. I read a lot of Team A met Team B and Team B lost. Not really much detail there to make it interesting. Then, if there is something they note, such as players committing infractions that get them tossed or disqualified, they are treated as footnotes with no follow-up interviews of the participants or explanation of the incident. I mean, come on, anyone can read the score sheet. I want the nitty gritty dirt band details. Why did Klamper do what he did and what did he have to say about it after in the pits? So, Mr. Lasoya, a fan told me that you were playing on in the last game, can you give me a comment? I know, I know, I should go to the tournaments and then I wouldn't have to rely on them for info and I would like to but there are not any big tournaments in Texas. Why is that, by the way? Anyways, can't we get a little better detail and a little less filler? I'll pay more for the play by play with interviews after than for a generic overview that leaves me with a million questions.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hmmm, I think you make some good points and since I, and the other powers that be of PGI are having a meet some time next week, I will bring this up for sure.
Robbo

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
Awesome. Looking forward to the 1000 words. I'll throw in the caveat that PGI does a better job than everyone else. Are there two Justin Owens or does the same one write for both PGI and PSI? His LA Open coverage was some of the best I've read and even it left out some succulent little details. I know it is a tough job, I minored in journalism and worked for a paper for awhile, but I think ya'll can do it if anyone can. I also think that including this type of detail will help people of all levels become more involved in our sport.

TWO Justin Owens?

The world shifts uneasily on its axis...

Actually, yes there are - PGI has the honest-to-goodness, God-fearing, downhome hillbillie baller formerly known as J-Lo...PSI has tha anti-Justin Owen, who is a drug-dealing crack ho....boycott the anti-Owen by only reading PGI, it's a community-based decision, you owe it to yourself an' your family.

No, really...

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
LOL, I deserved that. Now don't you have some mountain biking to do or something? I definitely will not be subscribing to PSI. Bargain basement styling doesn't cut it for me. Thing looks like it was printed with an old apple computer. Good writing can be found there though.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Actually, personally I like the way things are done now. I don't need to read how every game is played in detail. Only the super wooh hah moves need to be mentioned, but only if they involve backflips, and belly dancers. A good example is the latest issue. Big does a piece on Amsterdam, giving us the results, the layouts, the atmosphere, and some top pics. Then there's Robbo's bit, which delves into the politics and sinister plots behind the scenes. That's what I like to read about. I don't like reading about backflip bunker moves, I just want to see them.
A good example of how not to do it is in Facefull. The little maps of the fields are cool, but the coverage....booooooringgggggzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
But that's me. And I'm weird.