Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Magna shells

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
i know that the reloader will fit in the magna. i assume the other way round would work.

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
Most of the Magna internals will fit in the halo shells.

The raceway and drive system is fully compatible.

The issue will be with the wiring harness and with the circuit board connector as noted.

With the wiring harness the motor wires would need to be shortened and the battery wires lengthened. The connector on the back of the board is a bigger issue and may take some finessing to make it work. I know quite a few people have done this.
wise words from the designer..

old(ish) thread...http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1110807#post1110807

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I never knew manike was the designer. You live and learn :).

Anyway - looks like more hassle than it's worth - messing with wire length etc. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for new magna shells to appear.

Thanks all

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Sorry for the double post, but...

"With the wiring harness the motor wires would need to be shortened and the battery wires lengthened. The connector on the back of the board is a bigger issue and may take some finessing to make it work. I know quite a few people have done this."

Has anyone any notes about what is actually required (as I've just bought a Magna and a Yellow Halo :))?

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
You'll need to cut and add wire to the battery leads, and then you should, but don't need to, shorten the motor wires.

The Magna connector runs vertically and locks into place. You need to bend it down to being horizontal, then work the black plastic shroud that allows the connector to snap into place, away from the pins. Hold the board tightly and gently wiggle it while pulling on it. It will slide off. You can (but can't remember if you need to) cut the locking tab off the wiring harness side of the connector to get clearance for the slot in the halo body shells that the wiring harness fits through.

:)

Not as hard as it sounds. Getting the wires right and ensuring they are well spliced is probably the hardest part.

I never knew manike was the designer. You live and learn :)
I think many people would be surprised at how much paintball stuff I've designed over the years. :eek: