Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Maintenence / Repair Help Needed

Aaron Eccles

Oct 29, 2014
Only a couple of small buts of info needed guys.

Firstly I've removed the hose elbows on my DM8 and they have some sort of loctite type adhesive on the threads. What can I use to clean this off without damaging the threads.

Secondly what does everyone prefer to re-adhesive them. Didn't want to use loctite before getting some advice.

Many thanks.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Gentle with a Stanley knife but it'll need more
Ptfe tape wrapping to give it air right seal and stop it coming back
Out

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
With the dm swivel. You can wind fitting in too far so it hits the centre of reg. Blocks the air flow into reg. If when you have tightened it up. The swivel wont turn it's in too far. I normally just file a couple of mm off the end of fitting and open hole with a counter sink drill bit. So has a taped ending. Other way is wrap more ptfe round and try again.

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
its not locktight buddy... its thread seal,,,same company.. but the prouduct will do a different job,,
lock tight.. locks threads... thread seal . seals threads,,, and never use stud lock,,

hope this helps,, by the way,, when removing a thread that has locktight on it you must allways heat it up to break the seal,,other wise theres a real chance of the metal threads coming out with the bolt or screw ect...

but this wont happen with happen with thread seal..

lock tight sets so hard that its harder than the metal its sealing..so whae you force it open,, the surrounding metal comes out with the thread of the gas fitting,

so all ways use a low yeld locking compound..

hope this helps