Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Major goggle choice

Angus41

LORDS
Apr 23, 2006
D7s
www.myspace.com
thanks bush, so realistically its what, about a 10-15 job.

sorry about all the questions if anyones getting annoyed, simply becasue im trying to weigh up every factor:) .

Bush

destroy your idols!
Oct 5, 2002
messingham way
Visit site
realisticly, to take the face plate out about 3-5 mins

to take the lens out- took em about 45 mins

put it back in - same amount of time, neer enough

put face plate back in - if you do it right take about 15 mins, but you find that when you put most of the spikes in, you notice u hadnt started with the right one and it wont go in, so you have to start over again
:(

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
yeah, i havent fogged up my i3's once and ive been in them practically all day marshalling before... faceplate is really quick... strap and lense takes ages though! it is nack, but i think it takes ages, ive had mine like 6 months and i still get blood blisters doing it.

i do believe rosie made some piccies of how it should be done, as the manual is pretty shoddy... ask her; she is the knower of knowledge :D :p

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I've got both Profilers and I3's... I choose to use the I3s

Profilers are quick to switch the lenses, but I prefer the I3's on my face.

So to avoid the problems with switching lenses in a timely manner, I bought additional lenses and the foam surrounds. I can swap them over more quickly should the need arise. Though this does increase the cost of owning I3s.

I also wear glasses, so face twice the chance of fogging. The option for the I3 fan swung it for me, though I know some people like the fan even if they don't wear glasses.

The fan makes a small buzz, and the first time I wore it I though there was something wrong with my marker :eek:

I've found the profilers generally don't fog unless it's really warm during a longer games, or when raining while playing. But again wearing glasses doesn't help!

But it's all down to personal choice, try before you buy is the best advice!

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
Don't know about the i3s, just invisions, but my experience is that V-force's lenses are better in terms of optical clarity and distortion. Dye lenses I find to be a bit restrictive in terms of view and around the edges it can be a bit off. I can wear my profilers for ages and sometimes forget I have them on! The change/cleaning of the lens is a *huge* plus in my mind, not only that you can pop them out in no time, but that you can hose the thing down and not have to worry about the lens fogging up because you got any damp between the thermal panes. So you can go from cyclops to shiny and clean in no-time, and with no fuss.

But...try them out for yourself and see what suits you best. Can't be bothered to check, but can you get non SE profilers for cheaper? Dont think its worth the extra cost if there is one.

Ms Bossy

wotever :o)
Aug 26, 2002
Vents, lens change can be done in 30 seconds thats off and back on again, comfort is top dog and field of vision is ample, i have tried and owned every gog manufactured so far in paintball and i am so impressed with the vents that i now have 2 pairs:D

So try before you buy but give the vents a go before you decide:)