Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

making the shiny shiny...shinier!!!

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
learn to take your own kit apart and clean it, find the section on pbnation for your marker and then follow the tech video's really quite easy ;)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
i think i may have started a mini polishing revolution here :D

i wasnt aiming for the kind like finish on the inside of my barrels that would rival the polishing job done on the hubble telescope mirror. but a light polish just to help the balls along a bit better.

I was mostly just worried about making the gun not work by polishing stuff, but if i cant technically break it, ill prob give it a go this weekend and report back.

and OH YEAH HE DID!!!

your polishing wont help like i said the bores of most barrels are micro honed.

and it has the risk for making things worse.

use a fluffy like most people

I am newbies here and also in this games. who ones could suggest me what is really the best polisher to buy for my guns? And i am not really good in dismantling just to clean up, takes me a couple of hours to do it..is anyone i can go to, just for clean up?:)
Just use warm water. Then no cleanup.

It still gives you that purely imaginary feeling that your gun is better... Just like real polish.

Sl1d3r

Feb 25, 2010
Neston, North-West UK
right so i didnt polish the insides of the barrel as i decided this would be 1 hard to get in and 2 even harder to get out so i stuck with giving the bolt a light polish

firstly i stripped the bolt completely down to component level and removed all o-rings from the bolt. i stuffed the inside of the bolt with toilet tissue to prevent any polish leaking inside the bolt. i then applied a small amount of polish at a time to either side of the bolt sail, and the tophat portion, then with a soft dry cloth i removed any polish residue and reassembled the bolt.

upon doing a firing test i did notice that the bolt seemed to move a bit smoother, i havent got access to a chrono at the moment so i havent checked if i will be able to lower the Lpr, however the bolt does feel a bit more free to move about, i dont think it would have as much effect on newer guns but on a 3 year old DM7 it has definatly done something positive if only slight. took me about 10 minutes from start to finish including regreasing.

im not going to reccomend doing this to anyone, as its purely your desicion to try this or not. but i can say that i did get a result, a small result but worth 10 minutes of my evening.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
right so i didnt polish the insides of the barrel as i decided this would be 1 hard to get in and 2 even harder to get out so i stuck with giving the bolt a light polish

firstly i stripped the bolt completely down to component level and removed all o-rings from the bolt. i stuffed the inside of the bolt with toilet tissue to prevent any polish leaking inside the bolt. i then applied a small amount of polish at a time to either side of the bolt sail, and the tophat portion, then with a soft dry cloth i removed any polish residue and reassembled the bolt.

upon doing a firing test i did notice that the bolt seemed to move a bit smoother, i havent got access to a chrono at the moment so i havent checked if i will be able to lower the Lpr, however the bolt does feel a bit more free to move about, i dont think it would have as much effect on newer guns but on a 3 year old DM7 it has definatly done something positive if only slight. took me about 10 minutes from start to finish including regreasing.

im not going to reccomend doing this to anyone, as its purely your desicion to try this or not. but i can say that i did get a result, a small result but worth 10 minutes of my evening.
Just wondering, please indulge me. Did you polish the bolt, and then put grease/lube all over it?

Sl1d3r

Feb 25, 2010
Neston, North-West UK
Just wondering, please indulge me. Did you polish the bolt, and then put grease/lube all over it?
but to answer your question briefly, i greased all parts that are nessasary to grease, i did not do the common norm of throwing half a tube of lube on the fecking thing. i lightly greased the orings, even the o-rings without lube slid over the bolt with ease. and the bolt performed "the shake test" notably easier than it did previously.

but then the point is to get the lube to stay on the orings and not be rubbed off all over the bolt shaft.... why anyone would lash grease the full length of the bolt i do not know, it all ends up bunching up at the ends and causing bolt stick...