Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marballizer Ultra vs Evil Ultra vs Allstar

Adam Axford

Northern Devils Captain #89
Nov 14, 2013
Greater Manchester
Which would people recommend?

We shot some Marb yesterday but had lots of bounces... although we had shot it earlier in the year and had no problems what so ever...

Bit nervous now as CPPS is less than two weeks away and won't get chance to get out again before then to test any different paint!

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
The only way to know what paint is going to be best out of the batches your paint vendor takes to the event is to ask them for a small amount of each type of paint to test when you are there. The most expensive paint isn't always the best, the vendor might have a really good batch of cheaper paint or an off batch of expensive paint. Most vendors will be happy to give you a small amount of paint to test, do a few drop tests to test how fragile it is (loads of vids on youtube on what to look for) and put some through one of your guns on the field, make sure the paint is straight and isn't smashing in the gun.

tombut716

Team Proteus Founder & UKPSF Member #5993
May 13, 2013
Cheshire
We swap paints depending on how they are performing at that time. We started the year on marbs but have moved to allstar as it's great at the moment. But its always beat to try a few out before an event so you can choose the best

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Over a Season i have used all 3

And loved every one depends on weather as i found one didnt work 2 well in the cold

Allstar and Evil are my 2 favourites :)

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Being one of the rare fully Empire teams in the UK for the last 3 years we've got around to shooting almost all of the different paints. From experience, Evil is without a doubt the best, but is also the most expensive and can be the most problematic with the almost instant changes in weather that we have here in UK. A drop in temperature could mean the difference between ball on ball accuracy with 99% break on target and Evil soup. Best all rounder is the Marb. Shoots straight and can withstand slightly lower temps. We shot marb at our last event and did have a slight bounce issue. That said, for me anyway, it's more important that it comes out of the gun in the first place. Get a bounce and at least you get another opportunity. Get a break and it could be game over for you.... we'll be shooting Marb again this weekend at the BW event.

online via my uber funky Galaxy Note III

Reactions: Magic Rat

wiggles01

Old and broken
Jun 3, 2010
Colchester
www.externalwallservices.co.uk
Evil, but you have to look after it on the day too
Marb is good again but evil all the way
I have even shoot Wingnut with it in the winter but had the van running all day to keep it warm so not a cheep option
We have also over cooked paint in this way so it is a very fine balance with the top end paints for sure
W

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
Yes I have to agree Marbs or allstar are THE paints to be shooting. As Wingnut said Marbs is the best all round.
Personally I'm not impressed with the allstar at the moment.