Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker Buying Guide for Newbies

Naths

Sep 3, 2014
thats a great guide and useful as i am now in the process of looking for my first marker...

Sep 15, 2014
What would you say about the Bob Long G6R, as much as I got my shots on it it was a fun marker and reminded me of an EGO 6/7 , however it had quite big kick. What would be second hand price for this marker?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
What would you say about the Bob Long G6R, as much as I got my shots on it it was a fun marker and reminded me of an EGO 6/7 , however it had quite big kick. What would be second hand price for this marker?
Shot one a couple of times, and they are a seriously nice marker. The support for them has improved over here, and they are relatively cheap secondhad for what you're getting. Seen them go for £450 or so a few times, sometimes less. I love Bob's stuff and would love to shoot one if I had the money...

Reactions: Polar-Bear_Polo

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I hope @emisnug doesn't mind me stealing his excellent poppet explanation from another thread....

Here's a very simple breakdown of how a poppet valve marker works - referenced to the image above.

You've got 3 main parts.

The Bolt
The Rammer
The Poppet Valve

Stolen from another post on the forum

When air is introduced to the system, it is done so in a couple of different ways. A lot of the air (blue) goes to a large(ish) regulated chamber - which holds enough air to fire a paintball.
Some other air is redirected by the solenoid to move the Rammer back and forth (the green air)

When the green air is at the back of the rammer, it pushes the rammer forward, along with the bolt.
The ball is now ready to fire.
At the final bit of the rammer's travel, it impacts a small valve, called the Poppet. This allows the blue air to be redirected through the bolt, firing the paintball.
The green air then retracts the rammer back to it's starting position, and the system is ready to fire another paintball.