Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker for an oldie!!

Davo2965

Oct 30, 2015
Hello All I'm new to the forum,

I've been playing for a couple of years every few months in a social group and love it! We are now looking to push it up and do some walk ons, I have some gear including mask but would like some advice on what marker to buy?
I nearly 50 with two knackered knees so am more of a defensive player as the agility and dexterity boat has long sailed by!
Ideally a marker that is more accurate over longer ranges would be ideal, I have around 2-£250 to spend so second hand is initially my market as firstly I need to see if I can survive at this this level!.

All help greatly appreciated

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hi and welcome. Firstly different guns arent necessarily more accurate than others at different ranges. Accuracy is a factor of practice, and decent well stored paint.

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Hi, Where in the UK are you ?. I ask because I play for Team Unlimited. We are a UK based disabled team, our home site is One41 nr Brighton and we also play at Campaign nr Leatherhead. Our team is always looking to help, mentor and by example show that paintball can be played by players of all abilities and disabilities.

I'm 50 (with type 2 diabetes) and a bit chunky and have been playing with the team for just under a year. Several of the team have mobility issues, which they over come, and we feel we play a mean game of paintball. Don't feel your knees or lack of speed will hamper your ability to play, my team mates regularly prove that and I'm often in awe of their ability to play.

If you are in the south anytime and want to chat/play I'm sure the team will welcome you on a training day.

We have a dedicated forum slot on here (thanks to Pete) and we also have a Facebook Public page for following the team. Look us up.

Enjoy your paintball.

Davo2965

Oct 30, 2015
Hi and welcome. Firstly different guns arent necessarily more accurate than others at different ranges. Accuracy is a factor of practice, and decent well stored paint.
Thanks Bolter good advice, I will have to ensure I don't drink too much the night before.

Davo2965

Oct 30, 2015
Hi, Where in the UK are you ?. I ask because I play for Team Unlimited. We are a UK based disabled team, our home site is One41 nr Brighton and we also play at Campaign nr Leatherhead. Our team is always looking to help, mentor and by example show that paintball can be played by players of all abilities and disabilities.

I'm 50 (with type 2 diabetes) and a bit chunky and have been playing with the team for just under a year. Several of the team have mobility issues, which they over come, and we feel we play a mean game of paintball. Don't feel your knees or lack of speed will hamper your ability to play, my team mates regularly prove that and I'm often in awe of their ability to play.

If you are in the south anytime and want to chat/play I'm sure the team will welcome you on a training day.

We have a dedicated forum slot on here (thanks to Pete) and we also have a Facebook Public page for following the team. Look us up.

Enjoy your paintball.
Thanks for the info mate, I'm midlands based so a shame about that but I will check out your forum.

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
Where in the Midlands are you I'm Leicester paintballers are friendly enough and will let you fondle their weapons if you ask nicely

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Axe or Etha.

I suffer in the cold and damp (got run over) so kneeling etc ruins the next day for me.

I find the heavy eclipse HDE trousers ideal for me and my legs. Keeps em warm, dry and helps with bounces.

But the two guns above (buy second hand) are light, reliable, well made and ideal for walkon, big game, tourny.

You can even get a body kit (emc) for the etha if you want the mil-sim look.

Helps i have an etha with emc kit for sale and will post pic later.

Midllands means Diamond Wars end of november, i should be at that and you can try before you buy if you want?

Davo2965

Oct 30, 2015
Sorry for late reply, been working away!

I play at "skirmish" Sherwood Forest, Ollerton spookls. And you Leicester guys must be a strange bunch because I'm a little more selective who fondles mine well maybe not at my age

I've been looking at the etek smudge! What's the difference between that and the etha? And thanks for advice mate.

Cheers Bolta will do

Reactions: Spookls and Bolter