Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker Idea. Would anyone buy it?

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
So I was thinking today about pump markers and pump play in general.

And I was wondering on something as I've never seen it in a pump marker. Electronic triggers.
No I can see the reasons for not needing them in a pump marker but but can see that maybe having eyes would be useful. Thinking about these pro's and cons for electrics in pump markers I came upon an idea and I'm not sure if this has been done before.

Hybrid Pump/Semi markers.

Now I know some pump markers can be semi (cockers/autocockers) but have there ever been any markers that could be switched but were controlled by electronics. And would there even be a market for a marker that was electric, could be a pump and semi without changing internal/external parts but by pressing a button.

Obviously the marker would require a pump arm, but this would be purely to trigger a switch, the marker being unable to fire until this switch has been "pressed/pumped". This would give a player a marker that could play both styles of paintball, but would anyone se it?

Is this just a silly idea? Has this even been tried before?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
How would the eye system work? If there's no ball there would it activate a paralysis dart that prevented you from physically pumping the next round into the chamber? 'cause that would be super-cool.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
On the basis of an electronic trigger, I have a full auto electric cocker pump

There wasn't much point in me buying a new trigger frame etc to make it mechanical
However it does mean i have to switch it on if someone dry cocks it

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Got some rough schematics drawn up? If I'm honest, it sounds like more hassle than it's worth - but you might want to check out the Universal Board project if you want a starting point.

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
How would the eye system work? If there's no ball there would it activate a paralysis dart that prevented you from physically pumping the next round into the chamber? 'cause that would be super-cool.
Why would there be a need to lock the pump arm if there was no ball in the chamber? Wouldn't this stop you from ever cocking the gun haha? Perhaps the other way around to prevent double feeding would work though?

Also I'd have thought the eyes would work the same way they always have in electronic markers, you can still pull the trigger but it just doesn't fire.

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
Well the idea would be pretty simple. Its basically an electric marker like any other electric marker. Two modes, semi and pump. In pump mode the marker simply won't fire until pumped. Once primed the marker would fire once. Everything else would operate exactly like an normal marker.

No plans, was just a silly throw away idea. Just thought it would be sweet to have a marker that could be used as a pump and a semi at the press of a button. Of course it would need a pump handle, i suppose you could make it removable.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
So I was thinking today about pump markers and pump play in general.

And I was wondering on something as I've never seen it in a pump marker. Electronic triggers.
No I can see the reasons for not needing them in a pump marker but but can see that maybe having eyes would be useful. Thinking about these pro's and cons for electrics in pump markers I came upon an idea and I'm not sure if this has been done before.

Hybrid Pump/Semi markers.

Now I know some pump markers can be semi (cockers/autocockers) but have there ever been any markers that could be switched but were controlled by electronics. And would there even be a market for a marker that was electric, could be a pump and semi without changing internal/external parts but by pressing a button.

Obviously the marker would require a pump arm, but this would be purely to trigger a switch, the marker being unable to fire until this switch has been "pressed/pumped". This would give a player a marker that could play both styles of paintball, but would anyone se it?

Is this just a silly idea? Has this even been tried before?
Tippmann make at least one gun you can switch between electronic operation & purely mech operation, but it isn't a pump.

As for what you suggest? I've seen double-barrelled markers, grenade launchers, but not one of those.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
An azodin kp+ is a pump with electro trigger, and plenty of people have put pump kits on eframed cockers but none of those would switch between semi and pump.I think the Palmers blazer is converted by turning down the lpr until it won't cock itself and sliding on a pump kit.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Actually it sounds like the OPs suggestion could be achieved by adding an extra trigger to any electro, in pump mode the two triggers have to be pulled in a certain order, in semi mode just pull one to fire.

Reactions: kudosbudo