Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker Idea. Would anyone buy it?

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
The whole point of a pump is the mechanical primitive feeling of pumping the thing. Also the fact that it fires from a closed bolt. Your idea would be open bolt. An external electronic pump would either add bulk and weight limiting the effectiveness of the marker in semi, albiet it would be faster and smoother than the equivalent mech pump, or in the case of a "pump" button/lever/trigger render the marker so fast to operate is there any point in it being a pump at all? It's an interesting idea, just not for me. Stock class or nothing

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
" Your idea would be open bolt"
Not even thought about this, not even sure it matters really. Open, closed. Air pushs the ball when the bolt is forward in both system. Closed bolts seem to chop more.

I suppose the point would be to allow somebody to play pump games with the same marker they know and love as semi games. It would have to be a proper pump stroke though. Not a second trigger. Its got to simulate a proper pump stroke, but yeah would add bulk not required in semi mode.

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
pump could work a little like the one on the tippmann C3 pushing a button at the back of the pump stroke and optionally cycling the bolt.

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
The gog enmey had a "pump" mode on it board. Bit of a joke really. Was semi capped at 2 bps lol.
Are you thinking of the SP1 or vibe with their "Billy Ball" mode on the board? - they limited you to 0.5 bps, basically a shot every other second.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
No was on the enmey too. Was still called billy ball and listed in the manual as for use against pump/rental

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Who needs electro pumps when you can have a Tom Detka PA kit on your cocker pump? ;)

Given the minimal distance that thing has to be pumped, I'd hardly count that as a pump gun. To me the action is more like a large button, or even the old slide style triggers on cockers.
I like the technical bit involved in that design, but it doesn't scream pump.