Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

markers getting too light?

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
Slightly off topic, but as light as new markers and Carbon bottles may be, paint and heavy loaders like the Pulse insult the point of light markers...:confused:
*sending copyright*

Actually come to think of it, what can be done about the loaders? cant change much materials as they are as light as they can be unless something is done about the motor and board

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
too small yes, the mini is too small for my liking, the ego7 i find is the perfect size, but i dont think markers can be too light. as long as markers dont lose quality/strength, the lighter the better, i thought the ego7 would be flimsy because its so thin, then i took a core sample of my training site (shameless plug: REAPER PB FTW!!!!) and it was shooting just as sweet as usual and nothing had bent/broken :D

Jedi 57

Mar 25, 2007
Loughton
if you have a superlite gun like the sl74,adding a hopper is going to make it top heavy, therefore making it uncomfortable to play with. and as they start making guns with new lightweight materials prices will go up.

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
if you have a superlite gun like the sl74,adding a hopper is going to make it top heavy, therefore making it uncomfortable to play with. and as they start making guns with new lightweight materials prices will go up.
yup so top heavy the gun will fall over in your hands and the hopper will now be upsidedown - they are gonna have to think of a solution to this problem.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I tried the Mini, and as small and light as it was, it felt a little too small to me.

there will always be something for manufacturers to compete over, be it weight, ability to customise, ROF, efficiency, whatever.

God knows where they will go, thats for wiser men than I to decide.....

seany boy

(. Y .)
May 25, 2005
York / Manchester
Visit site
As said before, it's a case of markers getting too small, not too light. By shaving off a few grams, the company can immediately say "lighter than last years model" in an ad. I would think it's a tactic used by companies to get the marker sold, and to have an extra selling point.

Hoppers could be the next phenomenon of being lighter, maybe even paintballs, or air....

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
as paintball guns get lighter the hoppers are going to have to come even lower to the gun to stop it feeling unbalanced. I think theres loads of weight that could be lost from hoppers, mainly in the internals.
I can see markers getting a bit smaller than the mini but not much, the only problem i find with it is the trigger feels like theres nothing behind it, but thats preference.
gun manufacturers might have got to the point where they'll focus more on reliability, ease of maintenance and durability, as they cant just use the fact its smaller or lighter as a selling point. Which can only be a good thing.

NobbyonDaNET

If it Fly's it Dies
Apr 18, 2006
Stoke on Trent
nobbyondanet.magix.net
Ah but I have noticed that the heavier your tank is compared to your hopper, the less top heavy the setup becomes.

Gotta love physics :p
I tried my lads Pulse on my Spyder Victor when he had it. Now I know ur going to say what a kak gun, but the point is that I have a remote and stock fitted which with the Pulse fitted is so top heavy it needs renaming to a Invert Spyder. I think I'll stick to my Reloader II which has a good wrist balance without repetitive strain and fatigue.