The Home Of European Paintball

markers getting too light?

look at the DM gun series.

DM3, was big
DM4 was about the same size but milled different
DM5, smaller and lighter
DM6 even smaller and lighter
DM7 slighty smaller.

Now when the DM4 was made, it would have been the Dogs. Just like the 07 ego's are now. but as technologys become more advanced, things get smaller, and lighter. feck knows where paintball markers will be in five years time.

-james
The thing is. All of those markers can hold their own against the latest and greatest. You are paying for less weight / efficiency.

russyj

Leeds Uni Paintball Soc
Jul 22, 2007
www.luupbs.co.uk
lighter materials will cost more.......... where do you draw the line?
Actually, most materials we use in these kinda things come from the aerospace industry (carbon fibre, the high grade aluminium used on gats, and a lot of plastics), which filter down as the aerospace industry works out how to make them cheaper and cheaper until its cheap enough for people like us to get our hands on. If you put the price of high end markers alongside the price of say, housing in the uk, I wouldnt be surprised to find that marker prices are pretty consistent, the materials/milling techniques/engineering is just slowly getting better. [/intelligent comments]

and for the record, I really like the mini... only reason I didnt buy one was coz of problems they've been having, and not the kinda customer support those brilliant boys at planet have :D