Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Market downturn

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
I practically doubled my money on Buadsenseless' xmag and once bought a sl8r within 2 weeks of trading and with only starting off with £80 :)
Bought and sold a few markers for profit myself,best deal i ever did was getting an Xmag off an Ebay seller for £75 to my door (luckily got his details before the listing got deleted) and sold it on for around £700 had to put about £125 into it but still came out on top by a long way only down side was i had to part out the marker in bits.

Also bought and sold a few old school pumps over the last couple of years and always managed to make money out the deals or at least break even.

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
if you offer a low price you have to be willing to lose out on the item, if someone then comes in with the asking price its going to be sold to them,
Take the impulse I just bought, Game offered £60 , I wanted it, so got it at asking, did I mess up his offer, quite possibly, was it personal, nope, would it have been a deal at £60, yep, but in my mind it was a deal at £100. If he offered £100 i'm sure it would be his and not mine!

1 of 1 markers..... now don't get me started, my sl94 is a 1 of 1, it was made by eclipse as a 1 of 1 ,
a different colour ccu kit does not make it a 1 of 1, swapped parts do not make it a 1 of 1.
Saying that, some markers that are not 1 of 1 from factory, still are special, e.g. the ww1 fighter dm9 that is for sale atm, beautiful anno, will jamie (slothball) ever make another, no. It is special, lumps ex odd echer ego 7, again beatutful. Either of these I'd be happier calling a 1 of 1 than a marker that has cheep lasering , which is close to scratching your name on it with a knife, I think for me its the required skill that has gone into a so called 1 of 1, unbolting bits and botting bits on is not a skill, full unusual anno and tastefull lasering takes skill

edit : the ww1 fighter has faded a lot tho by the looks of it.... when it was fresh.....
Your pretty much right on every thing your said there special jobs like the ww1 are amazing but not the ohh its now purple and green

as for lowballing there are times when it does pay off and even at £100 that impulse is a bargin was nearly tempted while you thought about it to offer the £100

Reactions: baudsenseless

RST

Deutsches Paintball Museum
Jun 9, 2006
Germany/Frankfurt
www.facebook.com
there should be a dislike button!!:p
cant even spell baudsenseless!!:( bad dave!!
Tbh I'm happy if some one buys off me and doubles their money. I got her for a nice amount, made money, eelz made money, new buyer got a marker they really wanted at a price they were willing to pay, every one is happy!!.......
And so on :D

There is a select market for collectable guns which still hold top prices

Limited edition Eclipse cockers and AGD Emags still change hands stateside for over $1000
No offence, but I have to disagree. Most XMags on AO in 900-1100$ asking range waiting for a buyer for month now and it did not seem to get better.
The US are in a deep recession and currently there are no buyers that want to spent more then 800-850$ for an X in an acceptable condition.... I've seen bids like "i can offer you 650". Last year a seller would have a laugh at you.
EMags are even worse. There are only a few highly sought after guns that are still selling for a good amount of money overseas.

Bad times for sellers and good times for potential buyers and resellers who sell these in areas where the economy is way better. :)

Our Economy in Germany is still working well, the market for used paintball equipment is not as good as it was years ago but not went down as in the UK or as much as the US.

Reactions: baudsenseless

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
As a seller it depend on what you are willing to accept, tbh the Xmag market has been on a down hill spiral since a single person sold their stock of 30+ prior to that it was hard to get hold of one, owners of them were keeping hold of them, So high demand- high prices. Currently lots of people can't warrant holding on to a high value market if they are not playing competitively.
I worked out at one point I had 5k worth of markers that I didn't play with!

I find it had to pass up a bargin, I've even ended up with another 3 markers today! All of which I could sell for more.... Will I? One will go as it came in a package with another, but I'll defiantly be keeping 2 of them, all would be considered old tho. ( eclipse banzai splash rt mag, tequila fade eclipse ft1, angel g7 fly.)

Reactions: RST

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
I wish i phoned the guy up earlyer in the week had my eyes on the cocker but hummed to much

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
pics in the pmgwc, don't want to clutter/derail this thread. will do a complete pic for you at some point dave!