Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

marshall sheilds

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I am in agreement with Exile on all points EXCEPT when they are dead, I don't care unless they ain't getting off the field. I will not shield a player.

In the Millennium Series for example. To give the correct hand signal for "OUT" you must, as a ref, put one hand on your head, and one hand open and outstreched pointing at the player. How in gods name is this supposed to be done with a shield on your arm?

Also crap teams equals crap shots equals refs getting creamed. Im guessing that all those in favour of shields are refs for national leagues and local tournies.

With all your pads, body armour etc, its fine. Shields really get in the way.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Yeah, good players never shoot refs... I always used to stop when a ref ran through one of my lanes... :rolleyes:
Ok a) I never said good players don't shoot refs, and b) as a ref its inevitable that you will get shot. If you have to go through a lane, then so be it. Having to switch shield to other hand, then run through lane, then check player, is not quick enough. You need to act fast to be a good ref.

What you pointed out is an accident of the inevitable type. I dont understand your point, unless you are arguing for the sake of it?

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Dude, I don't agree with you, but at the same time, I don't care. :)

We could argue forever more, but I can't be bothered.

I'm off to get a beer, you want one? ;)

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
Its personal preferance just like most things in paintball, some refs do like shields, some dont, howabout those of you that do like shields give this guy some ideas of how to make his (which is the whole point of this thread), and those of you that dont like shields, post somewhere else. That way this guy get some usefull information and his thread doesnt fill up with arguments about shields being good/rubbish :rolleyes:

*edit*
cooks kinda beat me to it....... by 6 mins.....how the hell did that happen :confused: :D

Stencil

pew pew
Sep 8, 2006
Yorkshire.
In tournament paintball, shields are mostly used during breakouts. You don't always need them, but i would rather have one than not. Plus, you can just simply drop it if you wish to check a player.

pid

blah blah blah
Aug 27, 2005
in the thick of it
Visit site
mate, i think they're a good idea, you will always feels more confident about standing near a player without flinching at every ball that comes.
i don't use one when i marshal tourney's, that's not to say if i had one given i wouldn't cos i know i would, and i bet a lot of others out there would too.
march on shield wielding dude !!