Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marshalling for the first time this weekend, any advice?

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
as said a few times goggles off is the main problem and don't take any **** from anyone as people will try it on.
Also you will take **** from the other marshalls if it's anything like my local site. expect to meet the inside of the bins and be shot by the marshalls carrying the back up spare guns so be ware!!!! :)

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
You will get experienced people using their own gear and know the do's and dont's, in a way this will make your day easier, however, they will tend to push the bounderies a bit more, i.e. wipe/loose hits.

If you see someone being rained down on, then get close and watch and wait because they are likely to get shot, dont be afraid of being hit, its part of the job.
A good ref will get stuck in, especially on walk ons, because these guys take it alot more seriously than normal rec punters and probably the worst thing to happen for a walk on player is people constantly and blatently cheating.

Also, preventing this stops alot of over shooting, since cheating is one of the main causes of over shooting, but main thing is, enjoy the day, if you are enjoying it then generally so is the customer (mostly) and this is the desired end product.

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
What markers do they use (rental players) If infernos, I'd carry half a bog roll, small flannel or towel and a straight shot! and a small atomiser with some silicone oil. All for cleaning a gun when it smegs!

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Wear bright colours or high vis vest, and pad up everywhere especially the family jewels. I've got lit up plenty of times depite shouting MARSHAL! before running in to check someone, and it always seems to hurt more when you aren't playing.

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
lol yea, though i think he said its a walk on, so there wont be tooooooo many using site gear.

Doh! :eek: :D In that case, you shouldn't have to do that much as it's usually easier than rental days, main thing to remember (as was told to me years ago) your there to make sure every one is playing safe and they know what they're doing game wise. Walkons should be pretty much self marshaling as players should be honest enough to walk after been hit and not wait to be pulled by you, unless you're asked to check or do the occasional spot check.

Just my opinion (and what I do)!

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
That's different to a punter day. The people are not stupid and know the risks.
Treat every player as if it was thier first time on site, be helpfull and assist in any way you can. Watch for goggle lifting, be fair with calls, be polite. If you don't like being shot you are doing the wrong job cos you WILL get shot ;)

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
If it's his first time marshaling then that may be why he's doing the walk on, to break him in easier.

I'm sure the chap appreciates advice for punter days as well, as I'm sure he'll move up to punters soon enough!