Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marshalling for the first time this weekend, any advice?

Andy Duggan

Pew Pew Pew
Feb 8, 2010
Coventry
Always been prepared to run through a firefight...I tend to find if the Customers see their Marshall getting stuck in, they tend to get stuck in.

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
keep eyes peeled for a some one getting a serious pumeling and stop it before it happens other wise allow the game to flow and customers enjoy them selves, dont be a prick about your calls u want them to come back as paying customers :)

holme118

Eruption
Apr 19, 2010
North Lincolnshire
Thanks for the tips guys! I got put with some punters and it all seemed to go well. They seemed to be enjoying it when I was talking to them so that was my job done :) (and I'm working again tomorow, so I can't have been that bad!)

May 26, 2011
Good job mate, If the punters are happy, you are doing your job well. Just to echo others advice, while getting shot when marshaling is rarely pleasant, its just part of the game so try not to make a deal of it.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Holme, listen to what I am about to say here because it will mean you then having to ignore some of what's been advised already.
It's all well and good 'not taking sh!t' from people but if you go in too hard with that authoritarian attitude; it can blow yup in your face especially coming from someone who hasn't done the job before.

Make sure you are firm AND polite, and try not to read too much into 'not taking sh!t' because it will set you off on the wrong foot believe me .. remember, these guys are paying customers and should be treated as such, and not like some naughty child.

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
Holme, listen to what I am about to say here because it will mean you then having to ignore some of what's been advised already.
It's all well and good 'not taking sh!t' from people but if you go in too hard with that authoritarian attitude; it can blow yup in your face especially coming from someone who hasn't done the job before.

Make sure you are firm AND polite, and try not to read too much into 'not taking sh!t' because it will set you off on the wrong foot believe me .. remember, these guys are paying customers and should be treated as such, and not like some naughty child.

"customer is always right" attitude :p when i marshalled I generally followed that, and it works, unless you get some guy or girl ignore the "please keep your goggles on" warning for the 3rd time then thats when I got slightly annoyed and used the "If i have to give another warning you'll have to sit out the next game for your own safety" speech, depends entirely on who the group is though, normally find kids the worst, especially the trigger happy little so and so's who although good for business, are not good for your health haha :eek: on a seperate question, what do you guys do when you get a forager e.g. someone who doesn't want to buy more balls, so just picks them up from the field, i normally say that if they do it and the gun breaks, they'll be liable :D normally works haha, forgiving if they run out in a fire fight and it's the odd ball :rolleyes:

cheers for reading :cool:

holme118

Eruption
Apr 19, 2010
North Lincolnshire
I tried to be polite but firm. We never had any major problems, other than people not realising when other players were out :tsk:. In the end I just moved in front of where he was shooting and 'informed' him of his mistake. It was all fine in the end though. Again, thanks for all the advice.