Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marshalling for the first time this weekend, any advice?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Firstly i'd say it depends on how big your head is :p my head is quite big to be honest and only on the end of the mask does my face start creeping out, but no they arn't that bad to be honest, as for events i'd say they are great goggles and offer a lot protection, i found them to be quite claustrophobic though when i owned them, nevertheless either choice is good :)
Makes me laugh when people are worried about half a cm of chin sticking out, when your massive soft painful neck is just below it on full view :D

Man up guys!

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
Makes me laugh when people are worried about half a cm of chin sticking out, when your massive soft painful neck is just below it on full view :D

Man up guys!
my neck is so manly, it just deflects the paintballs right off ;) but yeah like i said i'm not to fussed about it, funnily enough though the only time i've ever seen a guy get shot in the neck is when he was wearing i4's, of course it's not related :p

you know what they say though, chin damage is the cost of style....

joshypop

May 26, 2011
Essex
I've never been hit in the neck, so i have no idea :). Can't be as bad as one in the crown jewels though, that was a horrible afternoon... :)
:tsk:

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
Firstly i'd say it depends on how big your head is :p my head is quite big to be honest and only on the end of the mask does my face start creeping out, but no they arn't that bad to be honest, as for events i'd say they are great goggles and offer a lot protection, i found them to be quite claustrophobic though when i owned them, nevertheless either choice is good :)
Iv got both events with black lense and leopard I4's with smoked lense. iv had 4/5 sets of events and i love them but the i4 is my new fave. it fits so snug, weighs nowt and looks cool as ----!! the events now few big and cumbersom compared to the I4 but both are brilliant starter masks. if your worried about cost events all the way.

as for the neck shot debate i took one to the neck 3 weeks ago an still have a pretty big mark. it hurt like hell at the time!

Reactions: Henry8362

joshypop

May 26, 2011
Essex
I've grabbed a nice little deal of £35 for I4's. I'll most probably invest in a neck guard thingy. I'd rather spend extra money on something like that, and know i'll survive that afternoons day of paintballing :)

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
where abouts in essex are you based joshy? what sites do you play at? reason being i have one of those neck gaurd things i never use, and if your not to far away i dont mind sending it/ meeting at a site at a walkon to give you it :)

Reactions: Bolter

joshypop

May 26, 2011
Essex
I live near the bilericay site, the millenium one. I've literally only just got into paintballing. Been doing normal days (punter type thing) since i've been legal to do it. Felt like my 16th birthday (yesterday) was a good time for me to get into it a bit more seriously. So i'm heading down to the formula 5 to help out a team pit crew on the 26th. Also, i'll be off to watch the billericay 1-3rd July. But i've never played sup'air, so i'm just gathering some resources at the moment. Moreover, i'm doing GCSE's at the moment, so it is a b*tch to earn some cash, but hopefully that's where my job application at a local site will come in. So i would love too, but i wouldn't want to take it just yet. I'd love to take it when i get a bit more of my own gear :D. Thanks for the offer though :)
:cool: