Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mask for glasses wearers

garethm566

Jun 17, 2009
bonnybridge
I'm looking to get a mask that works well with glasses but also works with a helmet or full head mas and so far found only two which are the hawkeye and the jt flex 8 both are similar priced so no really sure which is the best choice, never used the hawkeye so am no sure how it is compared to the flex8 and don't want to end up spending money and no liking it and being out of pocket, used the flex 8 before and it was ok but want to make sure I consider all the options to get the best I can

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I tried full head goggles early on and found two flaws:

They were claustrophobic and too enclosed (I do have a big head)
When hit on the extra cover instead of being 'protected' from the extra hit the whole panel slapped the side of my head

Alternates such as a beanie hat or reversed cap can give head protection

See if you can get to a shop or ask people to try their goggles on, there is no other way to see how goggles will feel for you

Some goggles such as grills have a slit in the foam to allow for the arm of glasses to sit between the slit instead of pressed on the side of your head

Reactions: Spikerz

RyanMack

Nov 25, 2012
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Its totally personal preference because masks will fit you different to me or anyone else, best thing is to ask others if you can try their masks. Most people will be happy to oblige at sites/walkon days :)

I had this problem too but got contact lenses which made life a helluva lot easier! :)

My personal suggestion would be a set of flex's and a beanie hat.

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
I wore glasses for 20 years while paintballing before I finally stopped fighting windmills and got contacts.

What I found was that the old JT Spectra -based goggles work fine (I still use the frames as ski goggles). Flex7, flex8, proshield etc.

Of more modern masks the eFlex worked fine for me. I assume e.g. the Event would be fine as it's based off similar lens frame.

At least in my experience you want goggles that have a lot of space between your face and the goggle lens -- otherwise you'll run into fogging issues with your glasses as you start sweating. And even with the best of them a goggle fan is still good to have.

P.S. Never had any real luck with various anti-fog sprays/gunks on my glasses. They would all cause optical distortion and not really stop fogging.

NineIsGod

May 8, 2018
I have wicked thin frames for my glasses and I fit mine in my i5 just fine. I would say 95% of shoos will let you try on different masks to find the best fit. Contacts tweek me out so they aren’t an option for me ‍♂

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If you need full head shield, first thing to do is tell your team mates to stop shooting you in the back of the head ;)

JT flex 8 would be my choice, good with glasses and has the full head comparability you need.
you owe me a new keyboard ;)
He’s not kidding, my co-captain just shoots anything in front of him, especially me as he waddled behind overloaded

Reactions: Raffles