Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mask Max £90

Sideconch

Jul 28, 2021
Uk wales
There are no safety standards for airsoft goggles/masks, the only standard that is used is the impact level, and it doesn’t apply to mesh / mesh does not comply with the impact standard

There is only one brand that states their goggle is safe for airsoft - and that is a ski style goggle with impact protection and an all round seal

In airsoft sites and their insurance require people to use adequate eye protection and for juniors to have full face protection

For paintball there are the international standards with cover impact, all round eye seal and full face ear protection etc
(This is also part of the reason as to why the Angel Eyes have always had difficulty with the large lens structure and hasn’t made it to market)

Mesh eye protection is out of the question for paintball - it will break the ball and the paint will go straight through into your eyes
Mesh face guards don’t meet the safety standards of paintball face protection

Using airsoft types of protection is a step back in time to the 80s when no paintball products existed
So could i ise this https://images.app.goo.gl/htrF5gX6k1Nx4r1n8 it has lenses just mesh everything else

rocknroll

Platinum Member
May 28, 2008
stoke-on-trent
If you want full coverage this is the best bet

jim1962

May 18, 2019
Whats close to Wolverhampton
If you can get to a shop super5s, just paintball or bz paintball they all carry a massive selection of masks, that way you can try some on and see what fits you best.
I agree 100%.
I live in Wolverhampton and not able to find anywhere close enough to go and try them .

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
Oh yeah def personal what colours u like profile etc and i shud of mentioned my m8 still needs to adjust his glasses with that dye mask. To be honest iv looked into fireman masks they look cool but doubt the regs fields would cover fireman mask link here https://images.app.goo.gl/HRKMqgupu5jwbR1Z7 saying that i wanna get a full helmetmask airsoft type cuz i overheat crnt breath lol https://images.app.goo.gl/htrF5gX6k1Nx4r1n8
I'm amazed. You say in your sales posts you usually sell paintball kit directly to sites, talk about fixing up old markers to sell on and even once bought a paintball site with a view to running it yourself, all of which suggests you have a lot of experience in the sport.

Yet here on a thread asking for mask advice you're genuinely talking about playing Paintball with Airsoft mesh and even in a fireman's mask :oops:

I can't see any reason why a fireman's kit would be useful for playing in. You mentioned wanting a full head cover as a result of over heating. You're not going to be able to breathe in that fireman's mask without a bottle of O2 on your back never mind over heat. If you want full head protection you'll always have to sacrifice getting a bit hotter than normal. Don't bother with a beanie or a head wrap and you'll be cooler but will feel the hits a little harder.

All in all, stick with masks that are tested, regulated and designed for the job and if you do ever decide to set that paintball site up, definitely make sure you've done all your research on safety regulations.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
What's wrong with the I4's you have? only trying on different masks will reveal which are best for you so if you can get to a retail shop or event with traders there that's your best bet, asking on places like this is a waste of time as everyone has an opinion and no one but you knows how big your head is or how big your glasses are or what will fit. What works for me may not work for you but i wear E Vents, but my advice would be, if the I4's you already have work for you, stick with them.

Reactions: jim1962