Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mask Test

Probability

I have to say that I am not one to take things like a man, hance I wear a neck pad (two hits in the neck in my paintballing carear, one hurt like hell, the other didn't... which would you want?) And a rigid face mask.

BUT, there are a load of people who wear flexy masks who have had bounces off them, it does happen, the thing is that almost any test anyone does will not test all the probabilties. Imagine, how many people have ever been hit on that flexy bit ever... how many of them bounced? Not that many, but some.

nandakjohwah did you test a proteus/ i have seen 3 or 4 shots bounce off a guy wearing one of those damn things, then my gun broke and he bunkered me :mad:

Just out of interest, what inspired you to get people to shoot at your face?

Richard

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
is the actual point of Flex's to get bounce off's or is it to keep movement real good? <--sorry redneck mode too tired) just to clear this up in my mind plz

Also have a look at the this site

JT's new 2003 range. Damn some good stuff there :D

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
I like the flex as it gives your lower face lots of breathing space and is as close (i imagine) to not wearing a mask at all. The rigid face masks such as the Proteus feel more restricting thats why i luv my flex...

nandakjohwah

Dec 6, 2002
new york/new jersey
Visit site
in my opinion the vforce masks are best then 2nd would come either jt or the new ravens

no i havent tested the shooting on a proteus.. i only know one person who uses a proteus and they're such a lil b!tch when it comes to paintball so it's not worth the time

he's one of those newbies who claims they have played for a couple years and owned a high end marker, then comes back and buys a low end marker with upgrades that costed more than the marker itself..

then he doesn't even know what ball pins, volumizers, and the advantage of a motorized hopper do.. he blows his orings everytime he unscrews his tank because he doesn't know what he's doing..

i took him to a tourn because he claimed him and his friend were awesome.. the whole time i was carrying our team on my back because both of them didn't know jack $h!t.. they complained the fields were sup air // legos and not done in the woods using natural trees as bunkers and such..

the whole time we were there.. i was the only one who shot made hits, then he has the nerve to complain that i'm not shooting enough people.. hey at least i'm hitting people unlike the 2 of them.. everytime i turn my head to see what their doing.. they were already eliminated.. they also don't communicate on the field because 'the other team will hear what we're doing'

his friend wasn't as bad but he didn't know jack sh!t about paintball.. he was using a compact all stock.. i offered to lend him my 14" ti boomstick for his spyder but he refused because he wanted his 8" stock barrel to remain 'compact'

somehow out of almost 50 teams, i managed to pull us to the top 20 without them doing anything.. the whole time it was pretty much 3 vs me games.. ******* newbies

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
"no i havent tested the shooting on a proteus.. i only know one person who uses a proteus and they're such a lil b!tch when it comes to paintball so it's not worth the time" - Nandakjohwah...

Don't understand this statement. Are you talking about the Proteus being a "lil'bitch" or the person wearing them??? If you're talking about the Proteus being small, you must have one big potatoe head (although reading the rest of your "story", we're starting to get the picture, large ego's and all that).

Anything that is small, lightweight and comfortable that protects your eyesight is a good thing, so is worth the time. Oh and from practical experience, I find that the angle of rake on the Proteus beak encourages pballs to glance off (in some cicumstances).

Sorry I replied to this thread, but I do feel the "largesse" displayed in your posts is at times rather difficult to swallow. I mean did this momentus display of zen / god like paintball prowess actually happen or did you wake up stuck to your sheets.....again????

Little Jon

Banned
May 1, 2002
Planet X
www.paintballextreme.co.uk
Originally posted by nandakjohwah
in my opinion the vforce masks are best then 2nd would come either jt or the new ravens

no i havent tested the shooting on a proteus.. i only know one person who uses a proteus and they're such a lil b!tch when it comes to paintball so it's not worth the time

he's one of those newbies who claims they have played for a couple years and owned a high end marker, then comes back and buys a low end marker with upgrades that costed more than the marker itself..

then he doesn't even know what ball pins, volumizers, and the advantage of a motorized hopper do.. he blows his orings everytime he unscrews his tank because he doesn't know what he's doing..

i took him to a tourn because he claimed him and his friend were awesome.. the whole time i was carrying our team on my back because both of them didn't know jack $h!t.. they complained the fields were sup air // legos and not done in the woods using natural trees as bunkers and such..

the whole time we were there.. i was the only one who shot made hits, then he has the nerve to complain that i'm not shooting enough people.. hey at least i'm hitting people unlike the 2 of them.. everytime i turn my head to see what their doing.. they were already eliminated.. they also don't communicate on the field because 'the other team will hear what we're doing'

his friend wasn't as bad but he didn't know jack sh!t about paintball.. he was using a compact all stock.. i offered to lend him my 14" ti boomstick for his spyder but he refused because he wanted his 8" stock barrel to remain 'compact'

somehow out of almost 50 teams, i managed to pull us to the top 20 without them doing anything.. the whole time it was pretty much 3 vs me games.. ******* newbies
clearly your one of those people who thinks their the best in the world