Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

maverick velocity

THE MUGGA

ANGEL A1 FLY
Nov 16, 2009
birmingham
hi does anyone know how to turn down the velocity on a maverick pump as mine is shooting at 290fps and my sites limit is 280fps thanks dan

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
allen key into the bolt and twist, or change the spring

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
There should be an adjuster inside the bolt,first remove the barrel and look down the breach and there should be a allan key type tensioner inside the bolt you need to fit the appropriate size allan key into it and turn anti-clockwise to decrease the velocity.
If it doesn't have a velocity adjuster in the bolt then the only way is to re-spring the bolt assembly with a lighter spring.

THE MUGGA

ANGEL A1 FLY
Nov 16, 2009
birmingham
there is a small gap down the bolt were an allen key fits and at paintball today i put the allen key down turned and the velocity stayed the same i dont know if it has anything to do with me using a high pressure bottle with it

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
There should be an adjuster inside the bolt,first remove the barrel and look down the breach and there should be a allan key type tensioner inside the bolt you need to fit the appropriate size allan key into it and turn anti-clockwise to decrease the velocity.
If it doesn't have a velocity adjuster in the bolt then the only way is to re-spring the bolt assembly with a lighter spring.
Or cut down the current one a little at a time
:)
I'm praying mine chrono's below 280, going to a punter day next weekend and can't be bothered to keep taking it apart to cut down the spring while the chrono marshal gets annoyed.

THE MUGGA

ANGEL A1 FLY
Nov 16, 2009
birmingham
ye i was at npf today and milky made us chrono before the game and my was at 290 how much would i need to cut off to make it go below 280

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Check and make sure it has an adjuster first,then if not,you can either trim the main spring a wee bit till you get the required velocity or you can add shims to the rear spring that is located in the asa were the bottle screws in,that would make the small rear spring stronger allowing less air through thus less velocity

There is a fair bit of info at this site...
http://pukindogspaintball.com/nelsons/NELSON.htm

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford