Well, thats about as clear as mud!:D

But your mumma told me that it's the thought that counts so:

THANKS!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
OK, here's the deal, as Nick rightly says, the Ton Tons were initially handed out 100 penalty points for gun infractions.
Jean Manuel Maries, head of the Millennium rules commitee, who also works closely with Laurent, owner and captain of Ton Tons told me on the Saturday that Laurent had been putting him under a huge amount of pressure to change the rules mid-way thru the tournament so as to negate that penalty points but Jean was going to stand firm and not allow pressure from Laurent to sway him.
I must admit to being surprised because this was the same Jean Manuel who came on this bulletin board not so long ago and ended up being the lone voice in support of Laurent with regard to the 'No-Look' rule.
Anyway, I thought 'Good on ya Jean' for having the balls to stick to your guns in the face of such unjust pressure from Laurent.
I'm afraid his resilience lasted all of 12 hours, I could not believe it as Jean stood before me the next day spluttering away his defence of the decision to overturn the rule book mid-tournament.
Basically this guy (Jean) re-wrote the rule-book half way thru the tournament and resulted in his close friend and business associate (Laurent) then having the 100 point penalty reduced.
I listened intently to his reasons for changing his mind, all I can say is, and I don’t give two ****s if anybody sues me, this was a carve up, this was shabby, this was underhand and shows to everybody what a frikkin sham this tournament series can be at times when it comes to fair play.
When one of the promoters (Laurent of Toulouse) can apply so much pressure to change the rules whilst the tournament is still running then something has to be done.
Laurent told me at the Campaign Cup that the rules can never be changed during a tournament, just shows you how frikkin shallow that resolve was !!!!!!!
Apparently it was all a huge mistake, oh what a frikkin shame, pity that when the mistake was resolved, the biggest beneficiaries of it were the very people that Laurent was captaining and playing for.
This sucks, this stinks, Ton Tons should be relieved of all their points immediately and Laurent has now proven that he is not fit to be any part of any decision making process to do with the Millennium.
Now let me guess what is going to happen about this, hmmmmmm, any takers for f##k all ?

The reason ?
Because Laurent is one of the promoters and the only way for justice to be done is for one of two things to happen,
a)He grows some balls and admits he f##ked up, puts his hands up and relieves himself of all responsibility, as well as taking the points off.
b) The other promoters get together and force his hand.
I'll let you lot pick which one is the most unlikely !!
Hmmm, why do people do this **** ?
And Jean-Manuel, you better take some Nytol tonight mate cuz if I did what you did, I couldn't frikkin sleep a wink !!!!!
Robbo :(

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Now, while I freely admit to not being much of anybody, hopefully my brain works in something close to a normal way. :)

No way should the rules ever be changed within a couple of weeks of the start of the tourney - people who actually take time out to learn the rules in advance of the tourney get mucked around for one thing.

I wasn't at Maxs, so I can't comment on whether or not this dodginess helped Ton-Tons or not, but:

I personally believe that a marker which shoots 901 for three consecutive shots should earn penalty points equal to or greater than the points available for the game.

Scenario (which touches on other issues I know, but hey):

Team A needs 60-ish points to qualify for the finals, they know that if the whole team turns up their velocity, only two will get chronied after the game bringing, say a max penatly of 30 points.

Team A turns up the velocity, to get that extra range/chance of breaks etc, and win, 100 points.

It suits the team to break the rules - if the penalty was more severe enough, then no rule breaking would occur, right?

On the no chrony-ing after games - I'm sorry, but IMO that's just stoopid. WIth all the things that have been said recently about designer cheats on markers and such like, I think all players should be chronied on AND off fields. Yes, I realise that with tourney schedules being tight this puts pressure on the players to get their kit together in 5-mins less, but hey, how hard is it to fill a few pots and an air bottle?

Robbo Wrote:
Now let me guess what is going to happen about this, hmmmmmm, any takers for f##k all ?

The reason ?
The reason being that in major tourneys, if a "Name" commits a major rule infraction, then bugger all gets done, so why should something as insignificant as having the rules changed halfway through an event cause something to be done.
Lets be honest, if I'd tried to use Crystal Palace athletics track as a marker cushion, would I be playing in the Millenium series for a while? Honestly? :eek:

I know I've digressed a bit, but what I'm trying to get at is that rules is rules, and should be applied, to the letter of the law, to all paintball participants. That applies doubly to matters of safety - tournaments are the pinacle of paintball (we'd like to think). We should act that way, and try not to show ourselves up as a bunch of childish hypocrites.

As for the Campaign Power players judging the Campaign Cup, as far as I was aware (and I could be wrong), but I was under the impression that they didn't have specific field as such, but were moving round the fields providing temp relief for the field marshals. Or something.

Anyways, enough ramblings from the lunatic student ;)

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
I'd love to see an entire set of pro-judges, for every tourney in the world, who judge and only that.

Only small problem (apart from time and money that would be involved with this) is that how many people are honestly gonna say "I want to be a marshal and take crap from the players", when they could be out there playing, thinking "I wanna make it to the top of this sport, and play at the level of Shockwave/Avalanche etc."

Personally (and I've done both) I'd have to say that I'm sticking to playing for, oh about until I get as old as Robbo. :p

Dannefaerd

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2001
New Zealand
www.whatever.net.nz
Aren't adjustments to the rules covered by section 13.2 of the rule book?

And if changes were being made by people, then why weren't the captains that were affected standing up for their teams and discussing things in full?

Seems like there is going to be a lot more to come out of this.

Tony@maxem

Performance By Design
Jul 7, 2001
England
www.MaxemProPaintball.com
TON TONS

They also got points of the UK Jaguars ....for some unknown reason.

The Jags took out 3 players which is 9 points..then it was changed to 3 points ???? why ????

there was a lot of Bad calls ie : Players taken out for no hits etc on field 1 and 3 .... USA marshalls on field 1 took out 4 Russin Legion players when they where about to play a States team MMMMMMM saying there markers where hot !!!!
As for field 3 (Germany Marshalls) ..... where not checking players for hits just stood about watching, when you where shouting for a check .... they just stood there after repeating the call for about 6 times ....they would one for one you for shouting at them ???????? this happened a few times.........