Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mayor of London

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
i actually thought that was a good article (not saying you didn't) but then again, it's just about the only article that isn't about some crazed Americans drive bying there neighbors... :)

G

Gassy

So you would have preferred a reference to the 5-800 people who have played supair rather than an article that hundreds of thousands if not millions can relate to.

Sup air is the boil on the arse of paintball that the public have no idea is there,we keep it hidden away like those from the southern american states who have a special cousin behind a hidden wall at the ranch.

If that report had been about Borris Johnson have a day out at a supair venue it would'nt have got printed at all as nobody would have any idea what he was talking about.

Reactions: Adamantium and snax

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
Sup air is the boil on the arse of paintball that the public have no idea is there,we keep it hidden away like those from the southern american states who have a special cousin behind a hidden wall at the ranch.

What a beautiful extended simile :D ( i agree by the way) although, i do remember a while ago on the bbc news they had a reporter playing with maybe nexus (Not sure) at brickett wood and interviewing them, which was pretty cool

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
fair comment, but exposure of this side of the game would still be good for the sport surely
I'm not so sure (though I may be wrong??)

Increasing the "punter" side of paintball can only be a good thing. Massive bulk orders of paint, goggles, markers, etc keeping paintball alive. The Sup-air players of this world are constantly trying to get things for free, ridiculous paint deals, markers and accessories at stupidly low prices with "support" packages. If anything I would be tempted to claim sup-air is a drain on paintball...

If we look at the direction companies are taking - it is all moving towards the rec-ball, scenario scene in the woods. All the camo playing kit etc in the new ranges is geared towards "that side" of the game.

Skip the "punter" stage and paintball would be in dire straits. Sites would close, due to lack of business, in turn woodsball would be in turmoil, and that would lead to the demise of paintball, sup-air would not be able to stand by itself...

Keep sup-air in the niche market and let "punter" days be the public perception of paintball where customers will return on various birthday, team building and stag events.

Though this is just my take on it - I may be completely wrong - but hey, it's a forum.:)

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
What a beautiful extended simile :D ( i agree by the way) although, i do remember a while ago on the bbc news they had a reporter playing with maybe nexus (Not sure) at brickett wood and interviewing them, which was pretty cool

From memory that interview made out that if it wasn't for supair, the players were destined for a life of crime and drinking. I bet the mothers were queuing up round the block to drop their kids off........

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
From memory that interview made out that if it wasn't for supair, the players were destined for a life of crime and drinking. I bet the mothers were queuing up round the block to drop their kids off........

AH yes! yeah it was like "if it wasn't for paintball i'd be on the street" or something :p don't know many paintballing hobo's to be honest :D then i remember the reporter went on to play a game with them, and kept stealing bunkers... may have to dig it up... here we are http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10901795

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Decent article which shows the game in a positive light, although I think he missed a trick in mentioning the benefit to the economy. A bit more research would have unearthed details of Planet, Angel et al - British companies who manufacture here, export the majority of their product and are more highly-skilled / technically advanced operations than site owners.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Decent article which shows the game in a positive light, although I think he missed a trick in mentioning the benefit to the economy. A bit more research would have unearthed details of Planet, Angel et al - British companies who manufacture here, export the majority of their product and are more highly-skilled / technically advanced operations than site owners.
Maybe so, but then the article may start to become a bit too parochial for the uninitiated (I agree with you're point). All in all, a very decent bit of promotion for Paintball.

Interesting though, that it's the oft derided evil empire (Delta Force) that facilitates this very positive piece of press...

More pig picture, less sycophants please.