Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mayor of London

automag

Jan 14, 2008
Good old Boris good article. That 12 year old do you think some said to him..... I dare you to shot him and I'll give you a tenner

Karlito

"Acta Non Verba" - London Fearless Massive
Apr 19, 2005
Brentwood, Essex
The whole 'walk-on' concept is just that though...at sites, like the Delta Force one's, people pay their fee, buy their paint, play their games, and then go home! No financial commitments as far as buying own kits goes etc

There are a few who return to play, and its these guys and gals that could be encouraged by the sites to try competitive paintball, both formats and the entry level packages available for them to start playing competitively...but they don't!

I don't know why. Is it because as with anything as profit orientated as DF or other sites, would they want 'their' customer base going else where?

I would be interested to see, how may people who go to bricket wood or other sites, with sup-air fields along side scenario fields, actually attract people from the 'punter days' into competitive ball.

I honestly don't think its advertised enough! The only reason I ever got introduced to comp. paintball was via marshalling at a Delta Force site, with other marshalls who played supair!

It's great that Mayor Johnson has done this, and yes the prospect of more people trying paintball is great for sites in the UK, but competition ball could also benefit if the means were in place to get supair and woodland ball advertised to the masses at these sites.

My 2p worth.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
karlito well said we maybe need the fed and ukpsf to maybe have banners made that advertise all sides of paintball to be put up at sites
shops ,manufactures etc could contribute to this which would promote there products
maybe a vid on youtube for people too see what paintball is about
it,s not a game it,s a lifestyle:)
something like this ,but with all types of ball

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
FAO Moderater Tom Allen:

note the paragraph:

That's the trouble with paintballing. It's the triumph of hope over experience. You always think you are going to charge forward with Schwarzeneggeresque invulnerability, pumping globules of pigment at seven rounds a second from your Inferno Mark II paintball machine gun , and watching your foes scatter like pigeons. As it is, you hardly go a yard before you start feeling like that chap Elias at the end of Platoon – shot to smithereens.

cant be bad if the infamous mayor of london is on it:) Tom will understand;)

Fizzgig78

The Cartel
May 17, 2011
London
www.facebook.com
Whilst I am no fan of Boris as a resident of the mayoral city in which he presides I liked the article, I have no shame in saying i'm a newbie to paintball in March of this year I went to a DF site for my stag do.

My experience was good loads of people there to play paintball and I hadn't fired a paintball in 20 years, paint was more than double what I pay now but that is to be expected when everything else is provided, got plenty of welts, a mask that fogged, awarded paint magnet award, and could barely walk the next day (was that unfit).

Needless to say my experience there ignited something from 20 years ago and I now have all my own kit and am a regular walk on member at a smaller local site and have started looking at the bigger events, etc. That site has mixed public and walk on players at times and although I don't discuss the fact I pay a different rate for my paint (site rules and only polite) being friendly goes a long way I have no probs letting them have a go with my marker on the range and talking about the costs of getting a marker, etc. (It was far too expensive when I was 13)
I am having a great time and would love to meet Boris for a game..and i'm not so unfit anymore ;) and would have to say it's kind of thanks to DF.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
FAO Moderater Tom Allen:

note the paragraph:

That's the trouble with paintballing. It's the triumph of hope over experience. You always think you are going to charge forward with Schwarzeneggeresque invulnerability, pumping globules of pigment at seven rounds a second from your Inferno Mark II paintball machine gun , and watching your foes scatter like pigeons. As it is, you hardly go a yard before you start feeling like that chap Elias at the end of Platoon – shot to smithereens.

cant be bad if the infamous mayor of london is on it:) Tom will understand;)
Nice one Mark.:D:D

Machine gun.:eek:

Reactions: no-infernomark

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
I just have a little bit to add to this thread...

I used to go to lots of walk ons & try and get the "Punters" to buy markers, play sup air etc. & then one day I realised something massive... Tournament itself will not generate enough cash to keep paint ball afloat in the UK.
So I stopped telling everyone that asks that I play "Tournament Ball" & instead I aim them toward my local "Rec ball" site who buys their paint from the company that sponsors our team.

I look at it this way, if they are competitive & smart they will go a few times work out they are better than Fat Fred from accounts then look for a team on their own, most likely through Google which brings them here anyway so our sponsor wins, some local lads get weekend cash, another site gets better developed, p8nt gets another member & some of the for sale gear gets shifted back into use...

Winners all round I think :first:

sx1990

Mar 2, 2009
I work as a Marshall at a pb site, manager tells us all the time about the glory days of tourneys being played in the woods and not supair. Gone are the days where you could take an automag out and lay rip to everyone. He's a strong believer that supair killed pb. Also it's not a " extreme sport" anymore