Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mech. spyder/spyder clone owners look here for simple trigger mod

joe bob

copyright '03
no i tested it and it worked for a short while but since the sear screwed up its back to normal configuration:) :( :confused:

yea the safty did not work anymore but it proved as a trigger back stop (a barrel condom/plug would have been my safety)

but I dont know how my sear got messed up:confused:

Azz3h

Redshift
Nov 30, 2002
Richmond, North Yorkshire
Visit site
Yeah, i'd be careful Joe Bob, if you do this it means that the sear is only very slightly holding the bolt, which means if the screws are loosened AT ALL or the sear wears just a fraction of a mm then the gun will beat down (go full auto), which is dangerous and means you need to fix it all very quick (at least with recball you have tools in your battlepack to fix it :p)

John C this is the reason they don't do this stock, because it works when set up but can be unreliable if you don't know what you're doing...

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
A bit off the point, but as it's been mentioned (e-trigger).....can I get a Spyder Xtra upgraded to an electric trigger, and if so, where in the UK can I get this done?

I like the sound of joebob's mod, but it sounds a bit..erm.."experimental" at the minute :p

Cheers

Nik

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Ok,

No luck so far on finding an electric trigger for the Spyder Xtra, I guess I'm going to actually have to ask Just Paintball if they can import it...

As for the trigger mod....I've switched my trigger frame from the Xtra as it was a bit worn, with a mate's mint but malfunctioning, Sonix, this left a bit more play in the trigger than the Xtra's frame, though they're pretty much identical and I thought I could use joebobs mod to get rid of the play and also get a more responsive trigger.

I got hold of some Fibre washers from an auto spares shop (very thin and compressable) and have fitted them under the grip frame and screwed the bolts in tight. The safety still locks the trigger, but when I take the safety off and move the trigger a millimetre, it releases the sear. Gives a more responsive trigger but wont cause the problems Joebob seems to be reporting!

So Fibre washers and a sonix gripframe seem to be the answer :)