Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mech. spyder/spyder clone owners look here for simple trigger mod

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Yeh, that'd make sense....*If* it wasn't firing fine when "dry cocked", and also it's changed since 2 weeks ago when it was perfect.....changing the grips around seems to have brought some gremlin out of the woodwork...It;s as if no gas is getting to the bolt to recock it.... :mad:

Azz3h

Redshift
Nov 30, 2002
Richmond, North Yorkshire
Visit site
Gas always gets to the bolt to recock it... on a spyder the gas that fires the ball pushes the bolt back. Try increasing your velocity a bit, you may not be pushing out enough gas to fully push the bolt back.

Anyway you can bin your spyder now you have a 'mag, the trigger pull on them are beautiful... Quiet as hell too.

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Cheers Azz, but i'm real fond of the Spyder, it's performed so well over the past couple of months and is accurate as hell!

Tried increasing the velocity, right up on the dialler, and nothing. *Shrugs* It is definitely the case that not enough gas is getting to the bolt, it shredded a few balls, then a few others got puffed lightly out the end, and no recock, so this was on me manually recocking it each time at the Chrono....

Some of the guys from Epoch told me that the when Rit bought his Sonix it did exactly the same thing and they stripped, cleaned and replaced as much as possible, and it never recovered. Guess it's just a Spyder thing....Probably best to send it to Havoc and see what they can do....

Looking forward to breaking the Mag out though :D Cheers for the positive comments on 'em....

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Cool, well the one I got off E-bay has a Daystate Air System.....problem is that our filed doesn't use Air, so now I gotta try and pick up a Dive Tank :eek:

Been told that the Automags can chop balls quite regular and turn into Soup Guns......what's your view on that?