Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Medium to high end marker, help me choose!

The Don

THE AGD GUY, THE MAG MAN.
Jul 27, 2004
YORKSHIRE
Visit site
so did i:confused: good point about the xmag, i didnt know about the borad on the nerve (crossing that one off my list!), one of the reasons the shocker was apealing is because it only comes in semi auto.
ok having another thought, ive got a RT pro with all ule bits and im getting a karta body soon, it also has an x-mag valve and a ult, how far from an electro is that setup? meaning is the trigger much easier to pull as its only down to a few ounces with the ult. or should i try to get the bits to convert that over to an x-mag? or just buy a used x-mag? if gonna give them all a whirl soon, ive heard great things about the angel 05 but its too knew and expensive. if you look at the subject ;) ok so choices are now down to....

03 Dark (blue :D ) shocker
used X-mag (CnC)
Make do with RT with ULT
Convert RT to x-mag if its possible
or get a copy of PGI lol!!!???

craigpil

loving uni life
Apr 27, 2003
Essex Uni !!!
i would love to say get the Xmag being a huge fan of mags and all but tbh they just cant compare to some of the newer guns out there

and because there are so few of them on the market it means the price is unlikely to drop, ive heard nothing but good things about the 05 speed though and it is a very affordable option compared to some brand new gats out there.

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Problem is, whatever you spend on an Angel 5 now...you can guarantee it'll be worth half as much within a matter of months because they've brought out the 6,7,8, Angel Wasp/Ultra-violet/Vitesse by then....

X-Mag might cost you, but if you come to sell it you can guarantee you'll get a good price....just look at the 2nd hand prices for automags, still hold well and they're ancient!

X-mag has so many advantages too, not least the option to go to Manual RT Trigger if you forget a spare battery :p

P

Paintball Paladin

save yourself the trouble and buy an angel.

you'll get a very good deal on a second hand one and there's that many angel tech's about that if anything does go wrong they'll fix it. I'm sure anyone will agree that tom allen is a thoroughly decent bloke who always has time for people with queries.

i've had two angels and never had a problem that wasn't easy to fix.

nice:D

ps pump n splat dont know what he's talking about anyway

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
All opinions held by my team captain are completely valid, understood and perfectly acceptable opinions...

...but he's wrong :p

They're a good marker, they do still have their quibbles as any other and yep, they're easy to get sorted and we have some really great techs in the UK. But it remains that they lose value quickly because WDP can't stop releasing new models.

I hated my IR3, it blew goats...I have proof...

The Don

Jul 27, 2004
YORKSHIRE
Visit site
i hope thats not photographic proof, lol. :eek: ok the budget is about £500, but id like to spend less. ok the 05 angel is back on the list but im not keen, but i'll try one out, and perhaps buy one used when they bring out the 6,7,8, Angel Wasp/Ultra-violet/Vitesse ;)

noone has told me how the RT with ULT compares to and electro trigger!!

or if i can convert my rather stunning RT into an X-mag. i already have the valve & rail.

but thanks for all the good advice so far, its a shame you cant all just agree :rolleyes: :D

The Don

Jul 27, 2004
YORKSHIRE
Visit site
yeh i got a few cockers, you should know you very kindy posted the pictures for me, in the classifieds :rolleyes: :D

plus i want something a little simpler.

thanks again for posting the piccys for me.