Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Medium to high end marker, help me choose!

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
It may be worth considering the Evil Omen if you want Simple...it also offers cocker-like performance at an amazingly low budget.

I've bought one as a backup and I love it. I'm not so good on 2-finger trigger action as yet, but I can rip the omen, the trigger just makes it easy as pie. It looks sweet, feels solid, is surprisingly light and is easy to use and maintain. Doesn't really need much in the way of maintenance, i'm really torn about using this as my main marker, as it's the one I feel most comfortable with.

The downsides (there always are!) :
1) Cam feed can't take a halo
2) Does need accurate setting up, but once done the maintenance is hassle free.
3) Board is capped at 15bps, though you can get an upgrade board which takes it to 22bps.

If you can get hold of one of these for a test, give it a try, I guarantee you'll be handing it back with a fixed grin!

One Crazy Mofo

The bringer of BOING
May 14, 2004
Isle of Man
Visit site
There you go again Pump advertising your own freaky markers.

Agree with Paladin get an angel, they rip, they're not that expensive, can be fixed + cleaned easily and help is never far away at tourny's.

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Again? :confused: Never advertised my angel, impulse or Matrix Crazy...not sure what you're getting at there.....

...I was just recommending a marker that I feel is very good for the money, and that i've used...and...erm...you haven't....think it's a bit harsh calling it freaky just because you've never been within 100 yards of one. :rolleyes:

I agree that angels are a good marker, but the point I was making is that they lose value very quickly because of WDP's marketing. And they *can* be dificult & quirky (as you found out last week with the A4)...and they have no soul whatsoever....they just feel like something you point and click....fine if you like that sort of thing, not if you don't....

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Hmmmm, how about an Evil Pimp Kit???

Fast as anything else out there, all the usual top end refinements:

Pimp Specifications:
Electro-Pneumatic Open Bolt
Un-Capped Board for insane rate of fire
Trigger sensitivity, Ball delay are adjustable electronically
Adjustable ROF (eye off)
Break Beam ACE System
15/16-12 DL Barrel Threads (same as impulse markers)
Adjustable Respirator LPR
Evil 300 PSI LPR Gauge
Twist Lock Teflon Bolt - no visible bolt pin
Dual Ball Detents
Tray-less Trigger Frame
Shortstack Feed Tube with o-rings to fit different hoppers
Magnesium Eye Covers
Magnesium Trigger
On/Off Bottomline
Macroline
Detonator Vertical Regulator
Pipe Barrel Tip, stock .689 PimpKit back
Evil Punch 2
Barrel Centering O-ring
Evil Grips
1 oz Tube Pus

Plus I know of a used once example going for well under budget.......

Here's a pic:

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Whoa!

Aw Stongle, down to £350 now?!?! That's a snip.....they retail about £600 right?

.....I was going to have this except the nasty vision was in my team colours.....tarts that we are :)

Good luck with it bud!

(Don, there's an E-mag upon the classifieds, he's asking £550 for the marker on it's own...but it's been there a while, so you might be able to clip in a lower offer)

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
the e-mag is mine and I still have it for sale!!

As for the spares issue - your right that the x-mags are no longer being made, but AGD are still selling Mags with ULE's etc so you can get all the o-rings, bolt springs and whatever else you will ever want or need.

it has all the latest stuff in it but just an older body, level 10 the lot.

I got it serviced by Sosta the week before the euro 5-man, so it's all good.

here is my thread from classifieds

http://67.19.5.132/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37298

Cheers Dan

P

Paintball Paladin

Originally posted by Pump'n'Splat
Again? :confused: Never advertised my angel, impulse or Matrix Crazy...not sure what you're getting at there.....

...I was just recommending a marker that I feel is very good for the money, and that i've used...and...erm...you haven't....think it's a bit harsh calling it freaky just because you've never been within 100 yards of one. :rolleyes:

I agree that angels are a good marker, but the point I was making is that they lose value very quickly because of WDP's marketing. And they *can* be dificult & quirky (as you found out last week with the A4)...and they have no soul whatsoever....they just feel like something you point and click....fine if you like that sort of thing, not if you don't....
brand new angels lose their value but to be honest this guy aint lookin at a brand new marker. second hand angels hold their value quite well. lcd's that are a few years old are still going in the region of 200 squids.

in response to your a4 quip. after you'd gone, we cleaned it up and fired some decent paint through it and hey presto! not a problem. Put 500 of the evil stuff and never chopped once. beautiful. Anyway I thought the omen was bouncing like a beeyatch on a space hopper.

I had the a4 for ten months. It never let me down, it ripped like a mofo, was light, accurate and mucho bling. No soul! what use is soul if it aint got no balls. in that time you've jumped from one marker to the next cause you cant decide which you like and to be honest your opinion on what is a good marker depends completely on what you are using at the time.

in our team 6 people are using angels and wouldn't have it any other way. That's not to say they wouldn't use other markers but they like the angel and its reliability. most people I know used some kind of angel at some point. They cant be that bad.

£500 will get you a sweet a4. I promise you, you will not regret it

tara.

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
He wasn't looking for an Angel either Chris.....read the original post...to answer your quibbles....

1) The omen is bouncing, I got it that way, the trigger needs adjusting, like other guns do...it's not the gun it's the setup

2) I was originally reccomending the X-mag, a gun i've NEVER used, but have fired. As opposed to recommending only the type of gun i've ever used...as in your case. I mentioned the Omen because it has a lot going for it in a very cheap marker.

3) All markers go down and need cleaning, I was just saying that Angels do it the same as any other, so they're no better in that respect than an impulse or timmy

4) I never had a good word to say about the IR3 and didn't recommend the LCD Matrix, my opinion of a good marker is one i'm using *and that i'm happy with*.

Thankyou and goodnight...

P

Paintball Paladin

ooooooooooooooooooooh!

pmt or what?:eek:

I was merely disputing your flawed argument against buying an angel. And regardless of whether or not he was originally going to buy one matters not. He should still buy one.

a second hand a4 is excellent value at the price they're going for. Ask dave r, pig or phil. they will agree.

your IR3 was crap. nothing to do with the marker, more to do with abuse from previous owners.

anyway, before this turns into one of our rants I suggest we get a room, sort it out like men and leave this poor guys thread alone

nuff said:mad: