Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Meltdown feedback

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
What did everyone think about the meltdown feature used in the last event for the first time and the 3 mins it remains active for comments please.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Good, but i think if you remove the blocks from under the buzzer people have to break cover and go and press it. Instead of just putting there arm up :)

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
Hi lump the fingers underneath each button are for safety people running full pelt come off worse v a telegraph pole unless your called Marcus.

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
Yes the block on the buttons will be moved over to stop people camping on the buttons. Although only 1 team were able to sucecessfully keep a player there in almost every game it must have been scary in there it was only a small block but whoever it was kept real tight.

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
I liked it, I think it added a good dimension to the game.

I also think there needs to be a barricade next to, or at least very close to the buzzer, there needs to be something to help cover the buzzer guy in and for him to be able to live. Otherwise he'll get the buzzer and get shot each time.

I did sometimes lose track of who had the buzzer and when it was in meltdown.
Could the numbers constantly flash when a team has it? it can be hard to see the little dot.

bug

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Essex, UK
Visit site
Yes the block on the buttons will be moved over to stop people camping on the buttons. Although only 1 team were able to sucecessfully keep a player there in almost every game it must have been scary in there it was only a small block but whoever it was kept real tight.
Being in the blocks is not to scary but was tight and didn't offer that much protection so don't see much point in moving them because without the protection of the players behind the player would not last that long and don't ask about the cramp lol

I see the small flashing light just but thought the larger ones were meant to work

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
I liked the meltdown & the little block especially, without it there have been fields that the buzzer was rarely made. It was easy to shoot the player out from the buzzer if you moved to the Dorito/tea bag complex or the snake but that little block offered a little cover for the player who ran to the buzzer who would normally be dead as soon as he hits it.

Meltdown & Block = Winners IMO.

Reactions: wiggles01

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
I would keep the block as well.. it's not easy to stay in there if you're not tight or have the right support around you.

I found it hard to know when it was in meltdown, or about to.. could we have a timer or something to say that it was in the last 30 seconds or so.

i liked the meltdown idea, meant that teams just didn't charge for it off the break and keep it for ages without getting close again.